Photomarathon Lesson with Outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenstars08

Nov 21, 2004
Singapore
Hi all,

It have been awhile seen my last Outing, and I am conducting a Photomarathon Lesson with Outing this time.

This outing is for people who want to know more about Canon Photomarathon. But all with camera are welcome to join in the fun.

For this outing, I will be sharing with you what is Photomarathon, the do and don't, tips on getting better wining photos and more... ;)
After that we will be taking photos around City Hall area simulating a section of the Photomarathon.

Bring along you camera and all lenses (E.G super wide angle, wide angle, tel, Macro lens...)

Please note : I am not connected to the canon photo marathon organizers.

To register for Canon Photomarathon click here:
http://www.canon-asia.com/photomarathon/sg/register.jsp

Date: 28.08.11 Sun
Time: 2.30pm to 7pm.
Free: $0

If interested please sms me your real name (clubsnap outing) to 94237067.
Hope to see you there...:)

look forward to learning from u.
will confirm after 22aug if i can join u, after i check my schedule for that wk.

Thanks alot to take time to join me Teacher. Great to have you there. See you...:)

Billy, will we be doing time trial?

Name List:
1) Goldenstars08
2) Palangsi
3) weiteck (draggin 3 frenz along, 2 confirmed, 1 KIV due to work)

Name List:
1) Goldenstars08
2) Palangsi
4)Gregorylee

Looking forward to learn from you :)

Name List:
1) Goldenstars08
2) Palangsi
4)Gregorylee
5) graphicpip

Name List:
1) Goldenstars08
2) Palangsi
4)Gregorylee
5) graphicpip
6) hlwong

Name List:
1) Goldenstars08
2) Palangsi
4)Gregorylee
5) graphicpip
6) hlwong
7) canonmono (might be draggin ppl along as well if they survive the drag =X)

Thanks for all who want to join me in this outing. Please bring along your friends if you like...;)

Last edited:
Name List:
1) Goldenstars08
2) Palangsi
4)Gregorylee
5) graphicpip
6) hlwong
7) canonmono (might be draggin ppl along as well if they survive the drag =X)
8) Taykt

THX billy and francis for having this teaching session, learned a fair field but not sufficient so pls comment on my photos when i post them here later .. thx again ..

Kudos to Billy & Francis for sharing with us...
Look forward to Francis (AKA Palangsi) workshop on coming Sat.

@TAYKT: where's those gals pix u took?

Kudos to Billy & Francis for sharing with us...
Look forward to Francis (AKA Palangsi) workshop on coming Sat.

@TAYKT: where's those gals pix u took?

Wat gals pix..i take only street photography..btw thank Billy and Francis for sharing tips wif us..

Last edited:
Here some photo for today outing..

DSC08348.jpg

DSC08331.jpg

DSC08327.jpg

Somemore..

DSC08325.jpg

DSC08317.jpg

DSC08312.jpg

Last edited:
I generally do not post comments on photos as they are creative as to how people use their lighting, colors, angles and graphic expressions which is a subjective matter.
What I do is teach the technical stuff or cooking methods so that you can apply it to your own taste or style. There are maybe one wrong but many rights.

We got to find out what, who and why we shoot photos?
If hobbywise, Are you a collector? Pixel buster? Fanboy? Photoartfreak who needs to find meaning in everyone's shots? win contests?

If business wise, are you a service shooter : weddings / events / commercial ads / blogshop shots / portraiture / instructor?
or a stock ( themes / idea illustration ) that supplies to magazines and stock sites?

These will determine how much or how little you will spend or shoot.

I generally do not post comments on photos as they are creative as to how people use their lighting, colors, angles and graphic expressions which is a subjective matter.
What I do is teach the technical stuff or cooking methods so that you can apply it to your own taste or style. There are maybe one wrong but many rights.

We got to find out what, who and why we shoot photos?
If hobbywise, Are you a collector? Pixel buster? Fanboy? Photoartfreak who needs to find meaning in everyone's shots? win contests?

If business wise, are you a service shooter : weddings / events / commercial ads / blogshop shots / portraiture / instructor?
or a stock ( themes / idea illustration ) that supplies to magazines and stock sites?

These will determine how much or how little you will spend or shoot.

Ok thx n noted

@Palangsi: I have question to ask regarding setting up lighting for light-tent, take for example: during the actual photomarathon.

So if i do not have Strobist / Studio lighting equipments

How about using 1 external flash on camera, plus 1 or 2 more via flash trigger?
if external flash is strong enough, then even without flash trigger, other ppl can activate the flash on their camera for me. ( but sync timing will be tricky)

I brought my light tent for last year's photomarathon, thinking that i can use it outdoor and use the strongest light source in the world --- The Sun. but kana haze...I tried all kind of indoor lighting, can't illuminate well enough.

If able to set up my light-tent with proper lighting, can share with my frenz...hence immune from the weather...Wahahaaa....
Personally i am very paranoid about bad weather during the competition...Haze, thunderstorm....i will not be surprised, if we have hailstorm or even fish falling from the sky, considering how crazy weather been for passed 2 years...

Look forward to be enlighten.

Status
Not open for further replies.