Photomarathon 2. Sign up by 6 Oct 04

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody attended the canon seminar by jonathon blake at ACS, barker rd yesterday? share your experience. who is he?

I attended the seminar.

he is a pro, a photojournalist.

he covered the basic stuffs, mainly for beginners, composition, juxtaposition, rules of thirds, etc.

Yeah I attended. Seminar's quite bland, but I got to play with the 500 f4 IS and 10-22.

thanks for sharing your feedback.

anyone knows how the canon vest look like? hehe n do we need to return it as well? ;p

Result out liao meh? Have you guys been notified of participation?

been told by someone who attended the seminar on 9 Oct that outcome of participation or update from organizer will be out on or about 13 Oct, Wed. So, hang on.

Its Jonathan Drake.... used to be photojournalist and seems to have travelled widely covering events like the Afghan war. Now based in Spore doing fashion I think. So yeah.. paid off I guess. :)

Yes, you get to keep the vest after the event.

All registered will be notified by email. This time round ALL who register will be in. AFAIK.

So... you could potentially get 600+ photogs on this coming Sat. There is not enough parking lots, so advised not to drive. Assignments will be issued at 9am, 1pm and 5pm at ACS. About max 4 hours to shoot each assignment. You are advised to come back early to submit. You can review on Macs provided on the spot. Think limited to 15mins per person. Ends at 9pm. Its really gonna take the whole day. All entries are to be sized to 2 megapixels. Can be any digital camera from point and shoots to DSLRs. These are all the info I have at this current moment... ;)

I'm not the organiser, so... yeah, they may change these I guess. True at this point in time.

Zplus said:
Its Jonathan Drake.... used to be photojournalist and seems to have travelled widely covering events like the Afghan war. Now based in Spore doing fashion I think. So yeah.. paid off I guess. :)

Yes, you get to keep the vest after the event.

All registered will be notified by email. This time round ALL who register will be in. AFAIK.

So... you could potentially get 600+ photogs on this coming Sat. There is not enough parking lots, so advised not to drive. Assignments will be issued at 9am, 1pm and 5pm at ACS. About max 4 hours to shoot each assignment. You are advised to come back early to submit. You can review on Macs provided on the spot. Think limited to 15mins per person. Ends at 9pm. Its really gonna take the whole day. All entries are to be sized to 2 megapixels. Can be any digital camera from point and shoots to DSLRs. These are all the info I have at this current moment... ;)

I'm not the organiser, so... yeah, they may change these I guess. True at this point in time.

15 mins per person? there's NO way everyone can upload the pics in time then. Assuming there are 20 computer terminals, 600 participants x 15 mins each will require 7.5 hours to review and upload their photos for each theme.
:bigeyes:

zaren said:
15 mins per person? there's NO way everyone can upload the pics in time then. Assuming there are 20 computer terminals, 600 participants x 15 mins each will require 7.5 hours to review and upload their photos for each theme.
:bigeyes:

Yeah man! The logistics has got to be quite a headache... But I also think maybe not all 600 participants will actually complete the marathon.
:)

Zplus said:
Yeah man! The logistics has got to be quite a headache... But I also think maybe not all 600 participants will actually complete the marathon.
:)

going by last year's turnout rate of 75%, it's likely to be 450 participants who show up for the marathon. If 30 computer terminals are provided and each contestant is given a maximum of 3 mins to review, choose and upload pics, we're looking at a more achievable upload time of 45 minutes at the end of each theme.

:cool:

ya, formally received an email confirmation.

anyway, it mentioned that as long you register, just turn up lor - as in the earlier email

good luck and good shooting to everyone taking part! :thumbsup:

I've registered but I didn't get any email confirmation. How many email do you get from the organizer? I didn't even get any confirmation when I register. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.