nightpiper

Oct 20, 2003
just read a japanese mag & it says something about the upcoming photokina:

Pentax - MZ-5D
K.Minolta - Dynax 7D
Canon - EOS 7D & EOS 1Ds MK II
Olympus - E2 & E100
Nikon - D2x & D200

also something interesting: epson new 8 ink A4 printer PX-G900. not sure what model it relates to in asia but i guess for epson to have an 8 ink printer, its really something new. :thumbsup:

did i successfully tickle your taste buds? :bsmilie:

nightpiper said:
just read a japanese mag & it says something about the upcoming photokina:

Pentax - MZ-5D
K.Minolta - Dynax 7D
Canon - EOS 7D & EOS 1Ds MK II
Olympus - E2 & E100
Nikon - D2x & D200

also something interesting: epson new 8 ink A4 printer PX-G900. not sure what model it relates to in asia but i guess for epson to have an 8 ink printer, its really something new. :thumbsup:

did i successfully tickle your taste buds? :bsmilie:

EOS 7D??? :what:

The_Cheat said:
EOS 7D??? :what:

yep. heard its the intermediate DSLR between 20D & 1D mkII. touted to be 8MP with 1.3x. the rest of the column i don't understand whats its all about. :p my japanese is only basic. :bsmilie:

Nightpiper

thanks for the tip. I am not surprised if something like a 7D appears. I look forward to a cam with in built battery grip.

meanwhile just have to wait for more good news
:D

Oops, i forgot to mention Sigma. there's also going to be a SD11 from them. if u r interested in sigma's sys & their foveon chip, this is it. :)

nightpiper said:
yep. heard its the intermediate DSLR between 20D & 1D mkII. touted to be 8MP with 1.3x. the rest of the column i don't understand whats its all about. :p my japanese is only basic. :bsmilie:

Translation website: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Anyway [NOOB ALERT] will this event spell the lowering of the price of a D70? ;p

tiong78 said:
MZ-5D? modelled after the MZ-5n?
mm... shd be very interesting for people with a preference for classic cams.
I read on a German website that is offering focusing screens for *ist D and *ist D-s, so the name of the new Pentax DSLR might be called *ist D-s instead.

Nightpiper, congratulations for starting another baseless rumour which is flying around the internet like wildfire already. Read some of the posts in other forums and it is starting to gather momentum.

This thread has been linked to from dpreview and indirectly from Fred Miranda. DPReview's forums has lost any credibility as far as i'm concerned. Baseless rumours get started, then fly around and snowball until everyone is so immersed in their fantasyland that it becomes fact. They were convinced that there was going to be an earth shattering announcement from Canon on the 5th of September (i.e. 2 days ago!), and now they are convinced that Canon will release a camera to fit between the 10D and the 1DMk2.

Seriously, I don't know how some people can take this with anything other than a pinch of salt. I mean, this is a Japanese magazine which has been poorly translated by a guy who admits that his Japanese is very basic!! For all you know, the magazine might be just saying "these are rumoured cameras" ... and the 7D they are referring to might just be the 20D (i.e. got the name wrong).

You have taken very sketchy information and presented it as if it was fact. The guys in Fred Miranda are laughing at people who can't read foreign languages, catch a whiff of a rumour, and then breathlessly post "news" on the internet. i.e YOU. Next time, use your brain before you hit the "SEND" button!

Amfibius said:
Seriously, I don't know how some people can take this with anything other than a pinch of salt. I mean, this is a Japanese magazine which has been poorly translated by a guy who admits that his Japanese is very basic!! For all you know, the magazine might be just saying "these are rumoured cameras" ... and the 7D they are referring to might just be the 20D (i.e. got the name wrong).

You have taken very sketchy information and presented it as if it was fact. The guys in Fred Miranda are laughing at people who can't read foreign languages, catch a whiff of a rumour, and then breathlessly post "news" on the internet. i.e YOU. Next time, use your brain before you hit the "SEND" button!

Hey Amfibius, chill it. Nightpiper is not out to cheat your money / soul or anything. Besides, for all you know, a lot of us do take this like a pinch of salt and the rumours in good spirit. It does help to spice up a a bowl of white rice. If you do not like such posts, please try not to read it and respect the poster's views. He's not out to cheat / harm anyone. I think your personal attack towards Nightpiper is uncalled for. :)

Anyway, I have no relationship with Nightpiper. This is a public forum for anyone who wishes to post their views. And as long as it does not harm, cheat nor disturb anyone, their views should be respected.

Anyway, he didn't say these were facts, perhaps you would have been more forgiving if he had used the word 'rumours' in this title.

Sleepless, I would have much less of a problem with it if he had used the word "rumour" in the title and made it clear from the very beginning that his comprehension of the magazine was limited.

thx sleepless. :)

amfibius, relax lah. as what sleepless has mentioned, everyone reads it with a pinch of salt. u also mentioned its from a jap mag poorly translated, very obviously those who chipped in didn't take it too seriously either.

whether the title holds the word 'rumour' or not is secondary, i m not in to run for parliament so naturally i don't have the habit of dotting the i's & crossing every t's. like sleepless mentioned, i m not out here to cheat or slander someone's reputation, so a little spice to brighten up everyone's monday is not neccessary a bad thing. so please don't create an angry mob to go after me. :sweat:

u have a nice day. :)

Come on, this is a forum. Forum is all about information flowing and sharing.

how come nobody interested in the epson 8 ink printer huh? everyone seems more interested in DSLRs esp canon. :think:

just for those looking for a printer, the epson printer is guaranteed confirm. the product is already out & a comparison was made with canon i990 (PIXUS i990) in the mag. whatever the results, i will not put it up in the public forum for there's already angry mob gathering. :sweat:

nightpiper said:
how come nobody interested in the epson 8 ink printer huh? everyone seems more interested in DSLRs esp canon. :think:

just for those looking for a printer, the epson printer is guaranteed confirm. the product is already out & a comparison was made with canon i990 (PIXUS i990) in the mag. whatever the results, i will not put it up in the public forum for there's already angry mob gathering. :sweat:

Oh Yes, you are in great danger, please lock yourselves at home and don't go out. :bsmilie:
Don't be upset, just joking. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.