Photogrpahy lesson with certificate.

laguna891

Mar 14, 2013
Yishun
Dear Cs,

Does anyone have any good institutions to introduce for photogrpahy class with certificate?

Have anyone here have experience with thephotographyinstitute.com services or lesson before?

Wanted to find out how legit they are and how useless their course are or if you have any to recommend me.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

i also want to learn photography. from those community centre right?

Dear Cs,

Does anyone have any good institutions to introduce for photogrpahy class with certificate?

Have anyone here have experience with thephotographyinstitute.com services or lesson before?

Wanted to find out how legit they are and how useless their course are or if you have any to recommend me.

Do you want a certificate that is recognised by the industry for work? Or just want to learn photography?

If the former guess have to wait for the shifus who are currently in the industry which are the more recognised ones.

If just want to learn I heard people talk about Objectifs, NAFA (Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts), Photographic Society of Singapore... haven't personally attended any of these courses before as I more cheapskate go library borrow books, read articles / post on critique corner in Clubsnap (this one must put one la hehe but I really got a lot of practical advice from seniors here), join outings or go for free talks ;p

I wanted to join a workshop to be a certified photographer so i can teach photography, i guess that is my main point

Not sure how useful is a certification.
In creative field such as photography I am not sure if a certification will get some one a job unlike some other professional fields.

What is important is a portfolio of work and years of experiences which no certification could give.

Just my humble opinion. Hope to hear views from other seniors

Last edited:
You can only teach what you know best.

Teaching photography need at least two skills. The skill of photography, and the skill to teach. I have not come across any courses can do 2 in 1.

By the way, since you already commented the course by photography institute is useless, why still need to ask about our opinion on this course?

You can only teach what you know best.

By the way, since you already commented the course by photography institute is useless, why still need to ask about our opinion on this course?

I am guessing he mean "how useful" and not "how useless". Most likely a typo

I am guessing he mean "how useful" and not "how useless". Most likely a typo

this is the first time I hear someone mention about this course in this forum, and did a forum search to confirm it.

anyway, review of this course can be found easily by using Google Search, found some reviews on the first page of the search result.

Interesting that you can attend a photography course to become a qualified photography instructor/lecturer.

Four disciplines in one, technical photography, creativity, creative photography and pedagogy. Wow!

Btw, the word "photography" in the title is spelled wrongly as "photogrpahy".

Many years back, I was trying to apply to teach photography in Temasek Poly, NAFA, Lasalle. They need proper certification like Degree in photography which are only available in oversea University. :angel:

Teaching photography need at least two skills. The skill of photography, and the skill to teach. I have not come across any courses can do 2 in 1.
The latter one is often neglected or underrated. Just because someone knows something does not mean the person knows how to teach it.
Two different topics.