Photography workshop "focusing" on my neighbourhood ( 20th March

xmilkbarx

Aug 10, 2009
Westie
hello guys! there is an up coming photography workshop that will be organised this coming march. below are the information of the course.

THE INSTRUCTOR.

Lim Seng Tiong began his career as a photographer at The Straits Times (1980 to 1997), during which he was arts and cultural photographer for major regional arts festivals and sports photographer for the SEA Games. Between 1990 and 1994, he held solo exhibitions in Singapore and Malaysia. Among the accolades he has received are the Young Artist Award (1995), National Youth Service Award (1991) and ASEAN Outstanding Art Photography Award (1989). He has more than 30 years of experience in teaching photography at various schools, corporate organisations, community centres, clubs and societies.

The one-session workshop comprises of 3 components

1. Basic techniques of photography such as lighting, shutter speed, composition and the use of appropriate cameras and accessories.
2. Practical outdoor photography.
3. A sharing session to review individual works.

Participants must bring their own cameras to the workshop. Please note that disposable cameras and handphone cameras will be unsuitable.

20 March 2011, Sunday
2pm to 6pm
Bukit Batok CC Conference Room
Level 3, #03-09

1.Law Siang Wei Rictor
2.Shuhada
3.Muhd Zulfiqar
4.Lee Yew Fai
5.Joe
6.Lim Wah Teck
7.David Tui
8.Jeremy Chiang
9.Yap Chee Keen
10.Jennifer Tan
11. Angela Junkina
12. Richard Foo
13.Yee Sui Kong
14.Andrew Lim
15.Tham Chup Wai
16.Mok Chai Pui
17.Hyder
18.Au Hai Tong
19.Yee coolthought
20.Parry
21.Ian wang
22Mindy Foo
23Wolfbomb - Nimrod Resulta
24Stephen Daoyin
25NikD90
26 Victor
27 Crossaint
28 Keero
29 Lawrence Ang
30 Joe ( BIG BEARS )
31 Deric
32 Fanny
33 wmayeo Alvin
34 chilli crab erica

Hi Guys. last 6 slots left. as the conference room can only take so many.

Contact personal,

CC staff, MAY = any questions on the workshop

may_hwang@pa.gov.sg
ctc : 65645042 ( please ask for MAY )

Any other questions you can still pop me a PM. i will check this post everyday.

Note: those that cannot make it for the event, please contact me, so i can take your names out for others to join in.

hello guys! there is an up coming photography workshop that will be organised this coming march. below are the information of the course.

THE INSTRUCTOR.

Lim Seng Tiong began his career as a photographer at The Straits Times (1980 to 1997), during which he was arts and cultural photographer for major regional arts festivals and sports photographer for the SEA Games. Between 1990 and 1994, he held solo exhibitions in Singapore and Malaysia. Among the accolades he has received are the Young Artist Award (1995), National Youth Service Award (1991) and ASEAN Outstanding Art Photography Award (1989). He has more than 30 years of experience in teaching photography at various schools, corporate organisations, community centres, clubs and societies.

1. Basic techniques of photography such as lighting, shutter speed, composition and the use of appropriate cameras and accessories.

Participants must bring their own cameras to the workshop. Please note that disposable cameras and handphone cameras will be unsuitable.

20 March 2011, Sunday
2pm to 6pm
Level 3, #03-09

1.Law Siang Wei Rictor
2.Shuhada
3.Muhd Zulfiqar
4.Lee Yew Fai
5.Joe
6.Lim Wah Teck
7.David Tui
8.Jeremy Chiang
9.Yap Chee Keen
10.Jennifer Tan
11. Angela Junkina
12. Richard Foo
13.Yee Sui Kong
14.Andrew Lim
15.Tham Chup Wai
16.Mok Chai Pui
17.Hyder
18.Au Hai Tong
19.Yee coolthought
20.Parry
21.Ian wang
22Mindy Foo
24Stephen Daoyin
25NikD90
26 Victor
27 Crossaint
28 Keero
29 Lawrence Ang
30 Joe ( BIG BEARS )
31 Deric
32 Fanny
33 wmayeo Alvin
34 chilli crab erica
35 guoxiong

Contact personal,

may_hwang@pa.gov.sg

Note: those that cannot make it for the event, please contact me, so i can take your names out for others to join in.

THE INSTRUCTOR.

20 March 2011, Sunday
2pm to 6pm
Level 3, #03-09

1.Law Siang Wei Rictor
2.Shuhada
3.Muhd Zulfiqar
4.Lee Yew Fai
5.Joe
6.Lim Wah Teck
7.David Tui
8.Jeremy Chiang
9.Yap Chee Keen
10.Jennifer Tan
11. Angela Junkina
12. Richard Foo
13.Yee Sui Kong
14.Andrew Lim
15.Tham Chup Wai
16.Mok Chai Pui
17.Hyder
18.Au Hai Tong
19.Yee coolthought
20.Parry
21.Ian wang
22Mindy Foo
24Stephen Daoyin
25NikD90
26 Victor
27 Crossaint
28 Keero
29 Lawrence Ang
30 Joe ( BIG BEARS )
31 Deric
32 Fanny
33 wmayeo Alvin
34 chilli crab erica
35 guoxiong
36 dadabian

Contact personal,

may_hwang@pa.gov.sg

THE INSTRUCTOR.

20 March 2011, Sunday
2pm to 6pm
Level 3, #03-09

1.Law Siang Wei Rictor
2.Shuhada
3.Muhd Zulfiqar
4.Lee Yew Fai
5.Joe
6.Lim Wah Teck
7.David Tui
8.Jeremy Chiang
9.Yap Chee Keen
10.Jennifer Tan
11. Angela Junkina
12. Richard Foo
13.Yee Sui Kong
14.Andrew Lim
15.Tham Chup Wai
16.Mok Chai Pui
17.Hyder
18.Au Hai Tong
19.Yee coolthought
20.Parry
21.Ian wang
22Mindy Foo
24Stephen Daoyin
25NikD90
26 Victor
27 Crossaint
28 Keero
29 Lawrence Ang
30 Joe ( BIG BEARS )
31 Deric
32 Fanny
33 wmayeo Alvin
34 chilli crab erica
35 guoxiong
36 dadabian
37 Rizal bin Saibi

Contact personal,

may_hwang@pa.gov.sg

rizal Bin saibi

Please count on me also..
Khine

Please count on me also..
Khine

THE INSTRUCTOR.

20 March 2011, Sunday
2pm to 6pm
Level 3, #03-09

1.Law Siang Wei Rictor
2.Shuhada
3.Muhd Zulfiqar
4.Lee Yew Fai
5.Joe
6.Lim Wah Teck
7.David Tui
8.Jeremy Chiang
9.Yap Chee Keen
10.Jennifer Tan
11. Angela Junkina
12. Richard Foo
13.Yee Sui Kong
14.Andrew Lim
15.Tham Chup Wai
16.Mok Chai Pui
17.Hyder
18.Au Hai Tong
19.Yee coolthought
20.Parry
21.Ian wang
22Mindy Foo
24Stephen Daoyin
25NikD90
26 Victor
27 Crossaint
28 Keero
29 Lawrence Ang
30 Joe ( BIG BEARS )
31 Deric
32 Fanny
33 wmayeo Alvin
34 chilli crab erica
35 guoxiong
36 dadabian
37 Rizal bin Saibi
38khinephyuzaw

Hi Guys. last 2 slots left. as the conference room can only take so many.

Contact personal,

may_hwang@pa.gov.sg

THE INSTRUCTOR.

20 March 2011, Sunday
2pm to 6pm
Level 3, #03-09

1.Law Siang Wei Rictor
2.Shuhada
3.Muhd Zulfiqar
4.Lee Yew Fai
5.Bingxin
6.Lim Wah Teck
7.David Tui
8.Jeremy Chiang
9.Yap Chee Keen
10.Jennifer Tan
11. Angela Junkina
12. Richard Foo
13.Yee Sui Kong
14.Andrew Lim
15.Tham Chup Wai
16.Mok Chai Pui
17.Hyder
18.Au Hai Tong
19.Yee coolthought
20.Parry
21.Ian wang
22Mindy Foo
24Stephen Daoyin
25NikD90
26 Victor
27 Crossaint
28 Keero
29 Lawrence Ang
30 Joe ( BIG BEARS )
31 Deric
32 Fanny
33 wmayeo Alvin
34 chilli crab erica
35 guoxiong
36 dadabian
37 Rizal bin Saibi
38 khinephyuzaw
39 taphia
40 RESERVED ( This Slot is reserved for Last min add on or changes )

Hi Guys.ALL SLOTS ARE CLOSED as the conference room can only take so many.

Contact personal,

may_hwang@pa.gov.sg

Hi I juz happen to read this thread n wanted to attend this workshop but too bad the class is full. Please advise will there b another workshop?

I am also interested but too late. Is the lecturer able to share, any presentation slides or notes with those interested but not in the list? Thanks

there will be another upcoming workshop. i am afraid that the lecturer wont be able to share any presentation for those outside the list, as he is a special invited guest.

there will be more interaction session than slide reading.

if you are interested. you can pm me next event, and i will put yr name to the list

=)

REMINDER : 20th MARCH! :D see you guys there! bring along yr cameras, you can approach me or the instructor. we will be able to guide you to the best of our knowledge.

Note: there will be a outdoor shooting session. please bring a cap or hat as the weather might be hot.

Lastly HAVE LOTS OF FUN!

REMINDER : 20th MARCH! :D see you guys there! bring along yr cameras, you can approach me or the instructor. we will be able to guide you to the best of our knowledge.

Note: there will be a outdoor shooting session. please bring a cap or hat as the weather might be hot.

Lastly HAVE LOTS OF FUN!

See you guys on sunday @Bukit Batok CC Conference Room 2pm to 6pm

Thank you for arranging, see u tomorrow.

Thanks for the session conducted!!!

Thanks for conducting the session

Thanks to the TS for arranging the session and Lim Seng Tiong for his very passionate talk.

Lim Seng Tiong's back and white reminder of Yip Cheong Fun's "First Cast" (the one of the fisherman casting the net in Tanjong Rhu in the 1950's) shows the quality of photography in our country even then. A timely reminder of how very far some of us have still to go.

Last edited:
I did not attend due to sick. Will there b another workshop?

Thanks alot for session.. I got alot of knowledge..... Please let me know for another whorkshop also..

3SP_3383z.jpg

Thanks to the organiser, May as well as Mr Lim for his many insights and passionate talk.