Photography trip in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novello76

Jul 11, 2004
This sounds crazy. I have an airticket to utilise by December, and have'nt quite decided where to go. But would like to sound out if there is anybody out there who's keen to go somewhere relatively far, and do a budget-style photography trip (prob around 10 days or so) together. Current destinations in my mind are Australia (any of the main cities), Capetown, Egypt (Cairo and surroundings), Greece, India (prob Delhi and surroundings). Pm me to discuss and exchange contact details, if you are keen to explore the idea and can leave in December (prob mid December or so). Thks.

Upzz for you novello... too bad i have to travel for business around that time till before christmas...

thks nemesis. will upz this for a couple of days. Tentatively set travel date in 2nd-3rd week Dec. Think Capetown is quite high up my list now..

Ahhhh~~~~ I'd used up my leave allotment this year liaoz. So sadly, I can't go wif ya.

Enjoy urself! Find ya inspiration & seek thyself. I'm sure u can do it alone. :D

novello76 said:
This sounds crazy. I have an airticket to utilise by December, and have'nt quite decided where to go.

Where does your air-ticket entitle you to go ... or is it a ID (idustry discount) ticket for airline staff .... ? You proposed destination seem to be very vast and very different in nature. If your are really interested, maybe look at some travel photography books for some insppiration of what you want to shoot then where do you want to do it ...

Would love to join you, but I have already made plans for travel in December ... Good Luck.

RGDs

Im going to china nov 23 :D

chengdu first to see jiuzhaigou and huang long

tentative date of travel 11 Dec onwards for 9-10 days. Current destinations in my mind are Australia (any of the main cities), Capetown, Egypt (Cairo and surroundings), Greece, India (prob Delhi and surroundings). Pm me to discuss and exchange contact details.

If it were me, I'd choose the Pilbara mining towns in Western Australia..really great scenics if u have Provia/Velvia slides..

LazerLordz said:
If it were me, I'd choose the Pilbara mining towns in Western Australia..really great scenics if u have Provia/Velvia slides..

Thks. Checked out the place and it looks great..just borrowed 3 books on South Africa, Egypt, and Grrece..probably zooming into these 3..any potential kaki?

novello76 said:
Thks. Checked out the place and it looks great..just borrowed 3 books on South Africa, Egypt, and Grrece..probably zooming into these 3..any potential kaki?

If you like White and Blue ....
you can go for Greece .... Santorini ....
went there before very nice place :)

Why not decde what type of photography you are after?

Landscape, street, nature?

Maybe with that in mind, you choice will be narrow down.

If it is me, I will cross out those that I can get air tix relatively cheaper (less than 1k).

Ya, and check on the weather of that area.

ENVY!!! Hee hee

I am going to Nepal on 24th Dec and will back on 2nd of Jan. The flight is about S$1000, so expensive!

Thks everyone for constructive comments. I will prob be going Capetown after Xmas. Hope to capture some photos and share if I can. To the others going on trips, enjoy and happy shooting!

novello76 said:
Thks everyone for constructive comments. I will prob be going Capetown after Xmas. Hope to capture some photos and share if I can. To the others going on trips, enjoy and happy shooting!

Hi . Capetown is a good choice. I went there Oct last year. Enjoyed the safari experience in johannesburg and the scenery in capetown.

Really nice... got to go simon town - boulder beach to see penguins, cape point, the water front area and of course table mountain.

Enjoy yourself.

I second that. The view from top of Fira town is unforgettable. :eek:

And the sunset at Oia.. the bright blue and white.. and the sunlight!!

I was there when everyone was still using film camera, I can simply shoot with an ISO 50 Fuji velvia handheld with confidence.. too much sunlight. It's a photographer's paradise :lovegrin:

MWH said:
If you like White and Blue ....
you can go for Greece .... Santorini ....
went there before very nice place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.