Photography Tips for Beginners

CAMERAS

There are so many cameras out there targeted for beginners that I can’t even keep up.
In my opinion, most cameras currently in the market are all superb. Technology simply blows my mind. However, cameras have a shorter life cycle than lenses. In my humble opinion, if you’re going to spend money, invest in a better lens verses spending the extra cash on a “latest and greatest” camera body.
I will also write a post on choosing a camera if you’d like further guidance.

LENSES

Prime lenses have one focal length without a zoom function. Zoom lenses have a zoom function, and the the 18mm-55mm kit lens that usually comes with the camera will fall into the zoom lens category.

One of the most common questions I receive is, “What lens should I get?” There’s no single perfect lens that will meet all your needs. I’m not a fan of most zoom lenses on the market that are under $500. It must cost more to make a quality zoom lens.

MEMORY CARDS

The last thing you want to happen is for your memory card to go bad and lose your images.
I recommend Sandisk memory cards, because Sandisk is the leading brand for memory cards, and I’ve use it for years without any issues, so I’m sticking with them.

Make sure to check whether your cameras uses an Secure Digital(SD) or Compact Flash(CF) card before purchasing.

EDITING SOFTWARE

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Adobe Photoshop 6

TRIPODS

Tripod is an important tool for taking nature photos. It’s also nice to have if you’d like to be in your family photos, or if you want to be in photos when you travel. Professional tripods will cost you hundreds of dollars, but here are couple of affordable options for you.

JUST KEEP YOUR EYES ON FOLLOWINGS STEPS

​
Know Your Digital Camera’s Basic Settings
Know Your Camera: Aperture Control
Know Your Camera: Shutter Speed
Can You Guess What This Photo Is?
Analyzing the Composition of Your Photographs
Know Your Camera
Know Your Camera: Accessories
The Next Step - Depth of Field & Exposure
First Class Photography: Contests
First Class Photography: An Overview of Camera Equipment
First Class Photography: The Junior Safari
Taking the Mystery Out of Photographic Terms
First Class Photography: Dry Underwater Photography?
First Class Photography: Getting In The Mood

All the best...:)

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Nothing new.. besides this:
First Class Photography: Dry Underwater Photography?
It is indeed advisable to keep the camera dry when going underwater, film or digital.
Lightroom is out in version 6 already.

G-man

Mar 2, 2006
My House
This article sounds like an attempt at article writing for SEO.

Top Bottom