photography stuff in california?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimcraze

Hi,

Will be heading to california for 9 months. Any idea where is a good place to buy photography stuff? Are memory cards cheaper over there? what else will be a good deal?

will be cheaper to buy online and ship to your place (this generally avoids taxes). buying direct in the state will subject you to the high state taxes (usually higher than the shipping costs!!!).

swimcraze said:
Hi,

Will be heading to california for 9 months. Any idea where is a good place to buy photography stuff? Are memory cards cheaper over there? what else will be a good deal?

Which part of california exactly are you going to ?? I was based near San Francisco (30 mins drive away) for a year.

of course, like mpenza said, its cheaper to buy online and get it shipped. helps avoid paying the 8.25% GST that california imposes. The catch is, the shop must be located in a different state. I've had fair deals with big names like B&H (in NY) and Andorama (NY), as well as getting used stuff off ebay (but must be smart. If it looks too good to be true, be suspicious.)

Stanford!! Can bring me along? :)

swimcraze said:
will be stationed at Stanford, Palo Alto :) , about 35 mins away from san fransciso?

if ur in the IT line, i'd say ur going to the HP office... :p

stanford... its a nice town build up around the university. And the university itself is fantastic ... bring ur camera ... :p

head to downtown mountain view .. food paradise .... try the mexican food there .. its fantastic... :)

There is a rather big photography shop at palo alto as well .. keeble and shuchat .... prices are expensive though .. but good for window shopping... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.