Photography spots in HK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splutter

Dec 28, 2003
Gim Boon Tai
www.splutterphotography.com
Hey guys, I'll be heading to HK in May and I'm just asking in advance for locations in HK that are more "photogenic". I actually want to do a little landscape as well, not sure if HK still have such locations. Any advice is appreciated :)

AJ23

Jun 12, 2003
Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
Victorial Peak, Tsim Sha Tsui Harbour area, the new Conventional Centre @ HK island, the outer islands like Lautau Island, Cheung Chau, etc.

Stanley Street/Lam Kwai Fong area near Central, old eletric trams, etc.

Think there's also various parks and national reserves around, but will need some locals to enlighten the locations. :)

yyD70S

Dec 25, 2005
Singapore
If time permits, go to HK Visitor Centre, get yourself a "Hong Kong Walks Handbook"... (couldn't remember the exact title)

There are many routes/trails which are quite scenic (Sai Kung -- it you have a whole day or Shek O if you have less time; amongst others) and that would take care of your landscape/seascape photography...

but like what has been said above, the air quality is quite bad now; something like the equivalent of our PSI 100++

Regards,
yy

Hey guys, I'll be heading to HK in May and I'm just asking in advance for locations in HK that are more "photogenic". I actually want to do a little landscape as well, not sure if HK still have such locations. Any advice is appreciated :)

nikkie

Jan 7, 2005
Singapore
the air quality there so bad. was there last night.
instead of landscape, you might wanna try shooting street scenes.. grab some pics of the babes...

Hoky

Mar 17, 2004
Singapore
hoky.multiply.com
Whoa, thanks for the fast replies guys. Definitely hope that the weather will improve by then, though its not likely ;p
Head to Tai-O if you are going to Lantau.. they still have some fishing 'villages' there. The sunset is also quite good there.

Walk around New Territories, shoots will be unique compared to the typical TST and Hong Kong Island. Beware of "gu huo tsai" (ah bengs) though.

Dec 7, 2006
west side!
peak depends largely on luck, esp with the air pollution and the rain/fog factor

can try lantau island, clear water bay, chang zhou and lamma island.
nice areas, but be prepared for long hikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom