Photography seminar & workshop trail by award-winning NatGeo Photographer Joe Riis

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
Photography seminar and workshop trail by the award-winning National Geographic wildlife photographer, Joe Riis.

Joe Riis is a wildlife photojournalist who completed his first feature for National Geographic Magazine when he was 26. He has won an Emmy in 2011 for his pronghorn cinematography which was featured in National Geographic Channel’s Great Migration series. He will be in Singapore to conduct a series of exclusive photography workshops (limited vacancies) on 5 April (Friday), as well as a photography seminar on 7 April (Sunday).

· Joe will be sharing his experiences and providing some top photography tips gathered over his many years as a National Geographic Photographer.
· Seminar attendees will get to share in some of Joe’s experiences in capturing wildlife, as well as learn some of the techniques he has used and perfected as part of his adventures.
· At the exclusive workshop, attendees will get to learn and pick up expert tips from Joe first-hand, as he gives participants a look through his lens and a demonstration on how to apply photography techniques in capturing wildlife.

We have attached a short bio of Joe Riis here for your reference.

(1) Exclusive photography seminar on Sunday, 7 April 2013
As such, we would like to invite the ClubSNAP administrative/moderating team to this seminar as we have dedicated places set aside for your team to attend the seminar. Simply let us know the names and number of vacancies you would require and we will do the registration on your behalf. Clubsnap members are most welcome to join in the seminar but would have to register on their own. Here are the details of the seminar:

DATE:
Sunday 7 April 2013
TIME:
10:00am – 12:00pm
VENUE:
LASALLE College of the Arts
The Singapore Airlines Theatre (Basement 1)
1 McNally Street Singapore 187940
DETAILS:
FREE but you would need to download the form (http://we.tl/23CIRniWef) and submit the completed form to register@thisisanagram.com
First 200 participants will receive a confirmation email with the event details by 3 April 2013.

(2) PRIVATE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP BY JOE RIIS – Friday, 5[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2013.
In addition to the seminar, there will also a private workshop organised by Joe Riis on Friday, 5 April 2013. This is much smaller event with up to 20 participants allowed, providing for a more intimate sharing session that gives more attention to each attendee. The participants from the workshop will be selected from the list of those who have signed up for the seminar (they would just need to indicate their availability in the registration form).

As we recognise Clubsnap as an important platform in promoting photography in Singapore, we would like to offer 2 places to the Clubsnap team to the first session of the workshop on Friday, 5 April 2013 from 9am-12pm at the Singapore Zoo, dedicated to the forum admin/moderators only.

Members of Clubsnap interested in signing up for either of the workshops would also be required to indicate their interest in the Registration Form (link above).

The details of the workshop are as follows:
DATE:
Friday 5 April 2013
TIME:
Session 1: 9:00am – 12:00noon [or]
Session 2: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
VENUE:
Singapore Zoological Gardens
80 Mandai Lake Road Singapore 729826
CAPACITY:
20 pax per session
Note:
FREE but you would need to download the form (http://we.tl/23CIRniWef) and submit the completed form to register@thisisanagram.com
As there are limited slots available, participants are encouraged to sign up early. Successful applicants for the workshop will be notified by 3 April 2013

Has anyone received their confirmations for the seminar / workshop?

I know there's still 6 hours of 3 April 2013 left but am anxious as need to apply for leave if I do get the opportunity to attend :cool:

Has anyone received their confirmations for the seminar / workshop?

I know there's still 6 hours of 3 April 2013 left but am anxious as need to apply for leave if I do get the opportunity to attend :cool:

I haven't gotten an email but they are calling people up on the phone.

Thanks! Yes I got a call from the organisers last evening.