Photography Related Diploma/Courses. (NAFA, TP, Lasalle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidden3

Aug 20, 2007
Sengkang
www.flickr.com
I'm currently taking O levels this year. Am intending to take on a course that is of photography related. I know that in Singapore, TP, NAFA, Lasalle excel in ARTS. (correct me if i am wrong)

What courses are there?? And what do the different courses teach? And the future potential careers that i would be able to get from doing these courses.

I'm currently taking O levels this year. Am intending to take on a course that is of photography related. I know that in Singapore, TP, NAFA, Lasalle excel in ARTS. (correct me if i am wrong)

What courses are there?? And what do the different courses teach? And the future potential careers that i would be able to get from doing these courses.

If you enjoy photography, why not? Just take note that working hours of most photographers are unstable, you may want to consider this before making a life long commitment.

Remember, a hobby is not a career.

If you enjoy photography, why not? Just take note that working hours of most photographers are unstable, you may want to consider this before making a life long commitment.

Remember, a hobby is not a career.

Thanks, yes i know. Am actually looking for people who knows more about such courses.

Well, just to extrapolate his question, are there any official photography diplomas available in the market? Just to "upgrade ourselves" lol

i guess entering these such courses rather rely on your portfolio related to the course u are going to than scoring good points in Os.

I am not sure myself too, in a dillema

Last edited:
yeah. interested to know too.
Must you take O level art to enter Nafa/Laselle?
;)

Not a Must, But priority will be given to these people i think.

Well, just to extrapolate his question, are there any official photography diplomas available in the market? Just to "upgrade ourselves" lol

Upgrade? I thought people usually go to those specified course/workshops. hahaha.

i guess entering these such courses rather rely on your portfolio related to the course u are going to than scoring good points in Os.

I am not sure myself too, in a dillema

For poly, of course must score good points in Os. For Nafa, I'm not very sure too. There's an audition before they accept you though, that's the only thing i found out from their website.

erm.

for entrance into these diplomas, you'll confirm need to churn out some portfolio of ur works.. good or bad, doesnt matter cause u're still young? its more of the passion in it.
then u'd be called down for an interview and then if u're selected, you'd be notified.

TP has Viz Comm, 1st year u take all same subjects.. subsequently u branch out into ur specialized area.. not really sure bout wad are the majors but u can go check it out at their webs.

i think its the same for NAFA and Lasalle.

There're courses around.. check out objectifs. the singapore photographers association oso have.

hope these infos helped

=)

wat i know is tat singapore university have photography courses ... diploma i'm not sure... 2 route

O level ---> Diploma
O level ---> A level ---> Degree

On the third year of your poly course on Mass Comm. You can select photography as your major subject...

Last edited:
erm.

for entrance into these diplomas, you'll confirm need to churn out some portfolio of ur works.. good or bad, doesnt matter cause u're still young? its more of the passion in it.
then u'd be called down for an interview and then if u're selected, you'd be notified.

TP has Viz Comm, 1st year u take all same subjects.. subsequently u branch out into ur specialized area.. not really sure bout wad are the majors but u can go check it out at their webs.

i think its the same for NAFA and Lasalle.

There're courses around.. check out objectifs. the singapore photographers association oso have.

hope these infos helped

=)

Ohh, For NAFA what's the course name? I think they changed all their names. It's under Media and Design right?

wat i know is tat singapore university have photography courses ... diploma i'm not sure... 2 route

O level ---> Diploma
O level ---> A level ---> Degree

Okaye thanks! :D

On the third year of your poly course on Mass Comm. You can select photography as your major subject...

Not looking at Mass Comm, Thanks anyway for taking ur time.

i graduated from Tp not long ago. Tp design do not really master in photography, but on the other hand they have electives AND DARKROOM, n u can also loan cameras out to play!!

But i heard there is this thing we need to sign, the patent form thing i think to the school. So whatever we produce belongs to the school i think.

O there is also a indoor studio!!! nicenice.

If you want ask more, PM me. =)

i graduated from Tp not long ago. Tp design do not really master in photography, but on the other hand they have electives AND DARKROOM, n u can also loan cameras out to play!!

But i heard there is this thing we need to sign, the patent form thing i think to the school. So whatever we produce belongs to the school i think.

O there is also a indoor studio!!! nicenice.

If you want ask more, PM me. =)

Ohh, If i'm not wrong it's Visual Comm right? Thanks anyway :D

Ohh, If i'm not wrong it's Visual Comm right? Thanks anyway :D

not necessary, I'm from Product and Industrial design, I also can take electives that r from other courses like Basic photography- unless they change their format this year. But in visual com they will go indept to it, but they do not specialize in photography but more to advertisement in my knowledge that i obtain from frenz who are in it.

I'm in SP Digital Media & we go get to loan out cameras too. Taught a bit about dslr in year1. Don't really see the need for a major in photography but rather learn something to compliment with photography. I guess that is more important? =D

You need to pass your 'O' (Or 'N' and ITE cert, will be review case by case) before entering NAFA... A pass in English is a must. It is a new policy for school enrollment...

That shouldn't be a problem for me, hahaha. :D

not necessary, I'm from Product and Industrial design, I also can take electives that r from other courses like Basic photography- unless they change their format this year. But in visual com they will go indept to it, but they do not specialize in photography but more to advertisement in my knowledge that i obtain from frenz who are in it.

Hmm okaye. So what do you actually learn in Product and Industrial design

I'm in SP Digital Media & we go get to loan out cameras too. Taught a bit about dslr in year1. Don't really see the need for a major in photography but rather learn something to compliment with photography. I guess that is more important? =D

Yeah i'm finding something to compliment with photography, but not really sure which "way" to go to..

Status
Not open for further replies.