Photography Related Diploma/Courses. (NAFA, TP, Lasalle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from lasalle.They offered dip in Art Photography.But i think it's under fine arts,heard they are majoring it next year,but not comfirm.Anyway,yes you can do include photographs in your portfolio.

I'm from lasalle.They offered dip in Art Photography.But i think it's under fine arts,heard they are majoring it next year,but not comfirm.Anyway,yes you can do include photographs in your portfolio.

Thanks! But Lasalle's fees are more expensive right? about 8k per year. While Nafa's 4k per year. Poly <3k?

Nope,2.25k per sem=half a year.so around 5k per year.Around the same as Nafa i think..

Personally, i'll recommend Temasek poly. this is merely my subjective opinion. i have friends who graduated from all three institutes. they compared notes and the best feedback's given to TP.

Ngee Ann poly Film Sound and Video course also does touch on photography.first year there is a module for photography.

Nope,2.25k per sem=half a year.so around 5k per year.Around the same as Nafa i think..

Ohh i see the website they put diff. Shall check again :D

Personally, i'll recommend Temasek poly. this is merely my subjective opinion. i have friends who graduated from all three institutes. they compared notes and the best feedback's given to TP.

Thanks! I heard from one of my friend that the best lecturers had left, not all, but some.. Nvm, i think maybe I'll make a trip down and check on the different environments etc. (After my O's)

Ngee Ann poly Film Sound and Video course also does touch on photography.first year there is a module for photography.

Thanks, not considering Ngee Ann Poly yet.. :sweat:

I'm currently taking O levels this year. Am intending to take on a course that is of photography related. I know that in Singapore, TP, NAFA, Lasalle excel in ARTS. (correct me if i am wrong)

What courses are there?? And what do the different courses teach? And the future potential careers that i would be able to get from doing these courses.

I'm currently studying in NAFA and yes there is a course called Diploma in Fine Art - Photography. But you'd still have to do other fine art studies like painting all that on top of photography.

I'm currently studying in NAFA and yes there is a course called Diploma in Fine Art - Photography. But you'd still have to do other fine art studies like painting all that on top of photography.

How about the course under Media and Design. :think:

Btw, what's the yearly fees?

Thanks in advance :D

I won't say this specifically about photography, but with any "Art" related subject in Singapore, whatever school you go, the standard is only 'at best' "so-so" or "okay...". Arts education in Singapore is kind of "marketted" I feel. Its all Paper-work (certifications/meritocracy).

Its just a personal opinion though, students from these schools please don't come after my life, I still respect your passion. I haven't seen their photography stuff, have a few friends who been through it though, but if you consider most of the other art forms, drawing, fashion, dance, theater, (these are the ones i'm familiar with), Singapore's standards are WAY behind.

Say if you're really interested, you should consider some schools in the UK. Arts Schools in the UK charge very low for tuition fees, and some are actually even totally free (provided you get in, Auditions/selections are extremely competitive.) Cost of living might be something else to think about there though, but if you're in a free boarding school, then it can be quite minimal.

how about starting as a photography assistant?any lorbang out there?im very free from the term breaks...why not learn more form te pros?

How about the course under Media and Design. :think:

Btw, what's the yearly fees?

Thanks in advance :D

Different courses vary in prices but its about 4-5k a year for local students.

I won't say this specifically about photography, but with any "Art" related subject in Singapore, whatever school you go, the standard is only 'at best' "so-so" or "okay...". Arts education in Singapore is kind of "marketted" I feel. Its all Paper-work (certifications/meritocracy).

Its just a personal opinion though, students from these schools please don't come after my life, I still respect your passion. I haven't seen their photography stuff, have a few friends who been through it though, but if you consider most of the other art forms, drawing, fashion, dance, theater, (these are the ones i'm familiar with), Singapore's standards are WAY behind.

Say if you're really interested, you should consider some schools in the UK. Arts Schools in the UK charge very low for tuition fees, and some are actually even totally free (provided you get in, Auditions/selections are extremely competitive.) Cost of living might be something else to think about there though, but if you're in a free boarding school, then it can be quite minimal.

Ohh, i think i get a Diploma, aim for scholarship etc. Then continue pursuing it at oversea. How about that? Hmmm.

Different courses vary in prices but its about 4-5k a year for local students.

Status
Not open for further replies.