Photography rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXXcat

Apr 25, 2006
woodlands
Anyone know, how much is the salary for photography for doing for studio? :confused:

Please rephrase your question,
to work in what kind of studio? Commercial? Bridal? Makeover?
As photographer? Assistants? Or apprentices?

Anyway, the salary range can be very great, From $6~700 to a few K, it depend on experience, and skills.

XXXcat said:
Anyone know, how much is the salary for photography for doing for studio? :confused:

A lot.

Believe me. Because I am now a fulltime photographer operating a small studio from home. :bsmilie:

If you don't believe me, ask my wife. She pays the bills. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hahahha.. that's funny.

anyway, my wife work less hours than me, have time to read news paper, go shopping, sleep in the day, still earn more then me.. :embrass:

catchlights said:
Please rephrase your question,
to work in what kind of studio? Commercial? Bridal? Makeover?
As photographer? Assistants? Or apprentices?

Anyway, the salary range can be very great, From $6~700 to a few K, it depend on experience, and skills.

let say work in make-over studio?

long long time ago...
I saw a ad about one makeover studio looking for parttime photographer,
and I hands itchy, so write email to make inquiry,

they reply promptly.....one hour $15.00, three hour needed.

Sion said:
How much do you pay for your housewife? :)
She is working, has her own income...
So I don't pay her.. and
she always says, your money is our money, but her money is her money...

catchlights said:
She is working, has her own income...
So I don't pay her.. and
she always says, your money is our money, but her money is her money...
"her money is her money..."
no wonder she "rich" lar! LOL

that's women benefit la.. haha :D

wah, catchlights.. $15 per hour is little man...

That's sometime ago, not sure whether now still the same.

is a kind of catch 22 situation, to stay in competition, have to lower the price to attract customers, in order to lower the cost of operating, have to use cheap labors, and in the end quality sucks, this will only able to attract cheapo customers, will never able to jump out the circle.

catchlights said:
is a kind of catch 22 situation, to stay in competition, have to lower the price to attract customers, in order to lower the cost of operating, have to use cheap labors, and in the end quality sucks, this will only able to attract cheapo customers, will never able to jump out the circle.
And not forgetting that some of the high-end customers have a huge network of high-end friends (same age, getting married) and the referrals they give is like OMG! :angel: I never fail to give extra attention and freebies to make them happy. It's really funny, just give a couple of S8R + normal album (don't even have to paste, they DIY....tell them this way can appreciate pix more! ha), happy like no tomorrow...... free high-end advertisement for you. Advertising in mags/webby really waste of time + money.

For eg, i shot for 1 doctor, got 2 more doctor friends getting married. Biang.....shiok. Big budget.

Of coz aim for the correct couple, not all can do.... :D

if u are really really v good...u can be looking at 5 or 6 digit figures / shoot...

I know of a makeover studio that pays between 1.2-1.4K to their photographers. 6 day work week, 9 hours a day. Confirm no weekend offs cos off day is a weekday.

snowspeeder said:
I know of a makeover studio that pays between 1.2-1.4K to their photographers. 6 day work week, 9 hours a day. Confirm no weekend offs cos off day is a weekday.
The Suntec one? I itchy went to enquire before. Not even half of my pathetic day-time job. ;p And the bonus is also.... ;p

However, I do know that my pre-wedding studio photographer (in Suntec, not White Link ;) ) earns about 5-6k in a good month, pretty ok and survivable. :)

2100 said:
The Suntec one? I itchy went to enquire before. Not even half of my pathetic day-time job. ;p And the bonus is also.... ;p

However, I do know that my pre-wedding studio photographer (in Suntec, not White Link ;) ) earns about 5-6k in a good month, pretty ok and survivable. :)

Not that one. Its the one near city hall. Bonus? Hardly think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.