Photography mission failures: Your experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synapseman

May 6, 2003
State of Confusion
www.pbase.com
Have you ever set out on a photographic trip, only to realise at the last moment something c***-up and you come home empty-handed?

Could be due to mother nature.

Could be due to some other unforseen circumstances.

And of course, could be due to something stupid you did/did not do.

Please share your experiences. Could be a great learning experience for us all.

not mine but something i remembered well

friend's bday party. as he's the star, he had cake pushed into his face and when he tried taking pics of himself. he couldnt because his camera not only dont have batts. he didnt have memory card.

other times for me include the lens cap..

happily shooting, then realise never load the film.:cry:

forgotten to bring memory cards, 3 times

bought only one camera to overseas trip only to break down before i can shoot a full roll, once

saw a great moment only to realise the %$#@ camera is in the bag or at home, many times.

the look on my face when any of the above happens, priceless....

:angry:

Went to Cathay shop, saw the dream equipment, then realized I forgot to bring my wallet, then came home empty-handed...:sweatsm:

Playing, shoot fiends, (urm friends) then set to very high ISO. After that shoot fireworks, go home, bang head :faint:

My classic was....settle into a very strategic spot. Arrive 2 hours early.
PM Lee arrived, wave...Mr Spontaneous in front of me wave - I got a perfect picture of the back of his palm...bleahhh;p

Set up a trap, waiting for idiots to fall in.
Maybe I was the idiot. No one fell in... No "moment" pic. :(

espn said:
Playing, shoot fiends, (urm friends) then set to very high ISO. After that shoot fireworks, go home, bang head :faint:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

oh yea.. same here..
lug everything there liao then... no memory card.
bang balls man.

Go out with a $20 tripod to Orchard Road, eager to shoot the X'mas lights, went out for 3hrs. Tripod broke the moment I opened. Zero photos. Spent the remaining 2hrs 59mins at Borders reading books. :)

went to AH to shoot butterfly, started raining when I about to reach there. Went over to Hawker to eat breakfast. rain stopped, went over to AH, setup and about to shoot. no CF card and no spare! just remembered still stuck on my CF card reader the night before transfering file. empty handed on my way back. :cry:

shoot fireworks halfway and batt died on me?

lucky still got time to change... :bsmilie:

1) Went to shoot for a client and then realised I left my CF card on my table while packing! Panic.... call eastgear to open his shop earlier to buy a CF from him. :)

2) Helping a fellow photog shoot. Brought 2 bodies along and was asked if I really need 2 bodies by a fellow. I said, "YEs, in case one fails...." And then one really failed. Shutter failure!

3) Went out with batteries 1/2 full... and my spares were not recharged yet!

;)

This should not be uncommon among the photographers.

Once I took a 3 hour train ride to Southern Highlands to shoot Tulips. When I reached there I found out the camera was not working. I now try not to travel without 2 camera bodies.

Another time I went up to Canberra to shoot spring flowers. When I reached the hotel there it just rained for the next 3 days. I bought a thick paperback and a few chocolate bars and went under the blanket to do some reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.