Photography magazine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurboiboi

Jan 8, 2003
Loyang
blurboiboi.instantlogic.com
Hi, anyone subscribed to any mags from overseas??.. any recommendations??... juz terminated my reader digest sub... looking around for new mag to subscribe.... hee

jeryltan

Jan 5, 2006
s5.photobucket.com
PhotoVideoi, cheap and good :) As well as Digital Photo, Digital Photographer and Practical Photography, from Allscript..

blurboiboi said:
Hi, anyone subscribed to any mags from overseas??.. any recommendations??... juz terminated my reader digest sub... looking around for new mag to subscribe.... hee

photobum

Deregistered
Apr 17, 2005
Photo Techniques USA, View Camera, Camera Arts, and Lenswork.

Popular Photography :thumbsd:. Too much ads and too bias.

P

Phildate

Practical Photography from the UK would get my vote or if you prefer something with slightly more on Photoshop, Digital Camera.

UandMe

Sep 18, 2005
www.flickriver.com
photobum said:
Popular Photography :thumbsd:. Too much ads and too bias.
but personally i think it's better than Amateur photographer, two of the more updated magazine in the library. And definitely dun mind if it's only S$2 a copy! Other imported magazines are simply too ex to buy every mth.

photobum

Deregistered
Apr 17, 2005
I generally don't find those British photography magazines worth reading. Too much 'reviews' and "X brand vs. Y brand". They are more like marketing media for camera manufacturers. In the end, I seriously don't find myself learning anything about photography. Except, probably, the next camera to buy is Y brand D4000x.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
Shutterbug and Popular Photography - Depends whether there's something interesting it in...

hsks

Nov 7, 2005
Lens Work if you are into fine art, Outdoor Photographer if you are into landscape.

nyxx88

Nov 17, 2004
At the moment... Practical Photography gets my vote.

Xing

Nov 4, 2004
Lower Seletar Reservoir
I get my monthly dose of Practical Photography from Basheer at $11 (if you subscribe to a year's supply) or $12 if off their rack. It's still cheaper from normal news stand which are selling at $13.50 - $14.50

jeryltan

Jan 5, 2006
s5.photobucket.com
where is basheer?

Xing said:
I get my monthly dose of Practical Photography from Basheer at $11 (if you subscribe to a year's supply) or $12 if off their rack. It's still cheaper from normal news stand which are selling at $13.50 - $14.50

photobum said:
I generally don't find those British photography magazines worth reading. Too much 'reviews' and "X brand vs. Y brand". They are more like marketing media for camera manufacturers. In the end, I seriously don't find myself learning anything about photography. Except, probably, the next camera to buy is Y brand D4000x.
Actually the British Digital Camera Magazine has scant reviews -- the majority of it is photography techniques and how-tos. Very valuable I've found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom