photography jokes

sfoto100

Nov 29, 2009
hi CSers,

pls share your jokes or embarrassing moments related to photography... i am sure each will have some when we first started...

mine here:

i do know about shutter speed even when i was in sec schools... and i know it can freeze a drop of water... i like those effects...

so when i finally decide to buy a dslr.. i go around trying.. and of course the first thing i wanna try is the fastest shutter speed...

so i went to challenger in jurong... i took a nikon d5000... i asked the sales guy to teach me how to set shutter speed.. so i set to 1/4000s... snap... ops!!! why all black one!!! oh ****!!!!!! d5000 cannot do 1/4000 s.... sian liao... there goes my cheap camera... very disappointed!!!

then i went away... after some days, i go to another shop and try D90.... again 1/4000... snap! wa.. better this time.. at least not so dark...

oh.. does that mean i must buy D90? .......................

I got one - dont luff at me.
I looking at filters so i ask my friend, why peoples wan to buy b/w filter?
black and white cannot set in camera meh?
or photoshop?
or filter will be more contrast nicer?

I got one - dont luff at me.
I looking at filters so i ask my friend, why peoples wan to buy b/w filter?
black and white cannot set in camera meh?
or photoshop?
or filter will be more contrast nicer?

muhahahah!!!!

this is good one...

actually i regret the title leh... should be talk c sing song... but CS ban the c o c k word leh....

hello CSers, pls contribute yours and your frens....

hehe

the ultimate 1 in a million shot motivational poster
one-in-a-million-shot.jpg

my room-mate during one of the photo trips smeared a very very light layer of tooth paste on my UV filter while I was sleeping...... next morning waited for 3-4 hrs with no luck for the 'condensation' to clear

another time on a different trip ..... some joker rubbed chinese medicated oil on my viewfinder window eye-cup

Last edited:
my room-mate during one of the photo trips smeared a very very light layer of tooth paste on my UV filter while I was sleeping...... next morning waited for 3-4 hrs with no luck for the 'condensation' to clear

another time on a different trip ..... some joker rubbed chinese medicated oil on my viewfinder window eye-cup

i can imagine the eyecup one. cause i tio before also:sweat:

:bsmilie: Man.. you sure been through a lot!

muhahahah!!!!

this is good one...

actually i regret the title leh... should be talk c sing song... but CS ban the c o c k word leh....

hello CSers, pls contribute yours and your frens....

hehe

I vote for this one... Hahaha...

Dont luff hor .. i was scolded by my friend lor :think:

I was photographing a temple site in China after the rain. Sun came out and secene was a little misty. Every pic I took didn't look right and start fiddling with compensation. Finally I realise that there's condensation on the glass after may attempts. Felt very stupid, head knowledge but zero practical experience:bsmilie:

Well i sometimes raise the viewfinder to my eye before removing the lens cap.
Damn embarassing esp when i'm taking a group shot for an event. :sweat:

Yeah especially when the group ur shooting is laughing at u cuz they know ur lens cap is on...

I had an embarrassing moment while shooting a group shot at an event, my lens just wont lock focus no matter how many times I press shutter, even with AF assist. Stood there for a full 10 seconds doing that, damn paiseh. End up MF then show them OOF image cuz they wanted to look at it... :eek:

Yeah especially when the group ur shooting is laughing at u cuz they know ur lens cap is on...

I had an embarrassing moment while shooting a group shot at an event, my lens just wont lock focus no matter how many times I press shutter, even with AF assist. Stood there for a full 10 seconds doing that, damn paiseh. End up MF then show them OOF image cuz they wanted to look at it... :eek:

Making them wait > blurness i guess. :bsmilie:Blurness still not so bad wad. Cos DSLR screen small so not that easy to discern OOF? :think:

wow... i like the condensation one!! :thumbsup:

Ok, glad to know this does not happen to only me. :bsmilie:

Was at a place (oversea travel) where no photography was allowed. And so i proceed to compose my shot with the security coming to stop me from taking photo. The security told me to stop photograph but i fired a few shots before acting surprised to see them and asked what they want with a smile.

when i picked up rangefinders for fun, i would ask a bunch of my friends to pose, proceed to focus and take the shot.. with the lens cap on =P

then, when i got the soft release button for my nikkormat, it was really nice to use. but everytime i leaned the body on my body to change lens i d trip the shutter.. too sensitive liao. haha.

that day, took my FA and 20-35 out to shoot. saw this pretty nice shot of an office building. but to get the perspective i want had to squat... then half bend to the ground, then proned. finally, after shooting, i got up only to realise the security guard standing about ten meters behind me.. v paiseh to walked away faster. haha.

Last edited:
i once used a minolta slr. realised i didnt **** the film properly, end up not tight enough, and then cannot take photos. then was so worried abt the slr spoil cause the flim cocker thingy was like dangling. then later i realised just need to push all the way can liao.

when i was shooting a year into photography....

someone mentioned ansel adams, and i asked
"who's ansel adams? is he someone famous?"