photography jokes

y ppl buy filters ar i till dotn knw leh

well.. when pple attached filters to tap, they get cleaner water..

So.. when pple attached. filters to lens.. they expect to get cleaner light lah..

My first job after schooling was a sale assistant job in a camera shop.

One day a young man came in and asked for a polarizer.

I was not into photography and didn't know what was a polarizer. And it was lunch time the senior salesman had gone to have lunch leaving me a junior to man the camera shop.

So I asked him again, ".....So you want a po...polarizer?"

He answered, '' You know the grey type of filter."

So I went to the drawer and found a grey filter to sell to him.

He took it and paid the money.

Only afterwards I checked Hoya catalogue that I discovered I sold him a neutral density filter.

Anyway I didn't last very long in that job. :)

I was not into photography and didn't know what was a polarizer. And it was lunch time the senior salesman had gone to have lunch leaving me a junior to man the camera shop.

Only afterwards I checked Hoya catalogue that I discovered I sold him a neutral density filter.

:thumbsup: Love the blooper.

Need to confess, just happened recently. Thought it's about time to take my Nikon out for some macro since I bought a macro lens..got everything packed and left for the park. Found a nice subject, unpack and set up my cameller... the last thing I pull out was a Canon flash... :embrass:...and I didn't even bring a bounce.....:sweat:

:thumbsup: Love the blooper.

Another time an Ang Moh I think a tourist walked into our camera shop and asked for a walking stick. I think he might be new in the country for doing such a thing.

My boss always told us not to say no to a customer. If the customer asked for a Pentax camera and we didn't stock that brand, we should sell him Panasonic or Sony camera and convince him that was the best decision he had ever made.

So I took out a monopod and told him,

"Look here Sir. This is a European made walking stick. It's called Manfrotto. It is collapsible and has got three sections."

The Ang Moh was impressed. He told me it was the first time he saw a 3-section collapsible walking stick. It was just something he wanted for travelling around.

So I had made another sale on that day. Unfortunately it was my only sale that day. :)

Another time an Ang Moh I think a tourist walked into our camera shop and asked for a walking stick. I think he might be new in the country for doing such a thing.

My boss always told us not to say no to a customer. If the customer asked for a Pentax camera and we didn't stock that brand, we should sell him Panasonic or Sony camera and convince him that was the best decision he had ever made.

"Look here Sir. This is a European made walking stick. It's called Manfrotto. It is collapsible and has got three sections."

The Ang Moh was impressed. He told me it was the first time he saw a 3-section collapsible walking stick. It was just something he wanted for travelling around.

So I had made another sale on that day. Unfortunately it was my only sale that day. :)

Haha... Got commission or not? :p

eh your shop is the killer shop is it?
but good one hah :thumbsup:

i had a similar experience..
i was working as a waiter during school holiday..

one night, a japanese tourist came and order lobster... along with it is the tea for washing hand... he ask me, is this for drinking or washing? i thought to myself, it must be for drinking, it is tea afterall... so he drank a little...

oh...............

then asenior came and told him otherwise... then he start washing his hands with it...

wa lau... i kept looking for a hole to hide!!!

Was staying overnight in Mekong River. Woke up suddenly and saw the time on the watch saying that it was 4.30am. Put on shoe, grabbed the bag and started running - cos the sunrise was 5am, and the spot was some 2 to 3km away.

Reached the sunrise spot, was alone and was puzzled that there was not even a single person. I waited and wondered whether I had gone to the wrong place. Waited for an hour and it was only then that I realized that I forgot to adjust the 1 hour time difference. Incidentally, it became cloudy and there was no sunrise that day.

Last edited:
i like the joke where people try to flash buildings.

If u go to Esplanade there every evening, u can see quite a lot of people doing that. I see until sian liao.

It was dark already(8pm), then they take the camera and aim at the MBS towers, with Flash on. I've seen dslr users doing that as well... :sweat:

When I first got my compact digital cam in mid 2002, not many people had seen one before. Everytime I brought it out for shoots, people would stand behind me, trying to peek into my screen. This made me feel really uneasy and a lot of times, I didn't press the shutter because of the stress.

There was once I was shooting long exposure night scenery in a garden festival. Put my compact cam on a flat railing cos i didn't have a tripod at that time, and set it to timer mode to avoid moving the cam when i released the shutter. There were people watching behind me as usual, and heard several comments:

girl#1: "What's she doing?"
girl#2: "Got anything to take meh?"

(as timer beeps off)
guy: "camera facing wrong side liao!"
(some people almost never take a photo without any people in it)

:sweat:

Somehow i'm glad photography is more common now :bsmilie:

Last edited:
found any links? ;p:devil::devil:

LOL, just saw this, i forgotten about it. sorry let you have a few sleepless night wait for the link.

I will try google it since Kopitam only have 7 pages. :)

here is two links search from google. There should be alot more. :)

Most of the thread should be from 2008 to mid 2009.....everything tone down after the TNP saga.

wow.. thanks for the links..

suddenly cured of insomnia.. :)

oh.. these ar.. got some impression..

But these are more like mainly about copyright issue.. rather than the PG's "一厢情愿“ emo-ism leh.. :devil:

Last edited:
oh.. these ar.. got some impression..

But these are more like mainly about copyright issue.. rather than the PG's "一厢情愿“ emo-ism leh.. :devil:

have lah.....you try go google or search, i'm not very good in searching up links. :)

You think those gwc really pay $$$ to learn photography. lol.

But hor, like the other thread had mentioned, nowadays CS is very much tone down, also less exciting.

i ve seen people use flash for stars... haha. and fireworks

If u go to Esplanade there every evening, u can see quite a lot of people doing that. I see until sian liao.

It was dark already(8pm), then they take the camera and aim at the MBS towers, with Flash on. I've seen dslr users doing that as well... :sweat:

1. After getting a used D70 as my first DSLR and playing around with it (tried many many features) for weeks, I finally found the cause of the inconsistency of Nikon metering under A mode.

It's... bracketing (forgot to switch it off after trying).

No wonder my shots kept appearing proper, under, over, proper, under, over...

2. After getting an external flash, I thought my skill must be improving. So to speak, image must be sharper (since I could freeze the motion, and I expect max sharpness), so I set F/9, 1/250, ISO 200 while shooting indoor - object was fine but not well-lighted; background was in total darkness. Thought flash was not working fine, tried a few shots more... blame the lousy flash. Then "accidentally" changed to 50mm since I need a nice bokeh... By shooting F/1.8, the background got brighter... No wonder senior said prime lens is better.

3. I expect the clouds to be a good bouncing plane, so I pointed my flash head upwards even when I'm shooting outdoor. *You can hear the capcitors working very hard to recharge after every shots taken.