Photography in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej26

Oct 8, 2003
What additional stuff should I bring along apart from the camera, flash and tripod to the USA?

Mar 25, 2005
ej26 said:
What additional stuff should I bring along apart from the camera, flash and tripod to the USA?
When I travel, I always make sure I bring with me:
- enough batteries to last me one full day of shooting ... recharge them all when back at the hotel at night
- external storage (portable harddisk, like compact drive or nixvue vista) to download the pictures. Or if you prefer a laptop, that is also good.
- lens cleaning kit

hftey

Feb 29, 2004
Universal plug!!!.. their 3 pin plug is different from ours..

ej26

Oct 8, 2003
an adaptor and convertor are 2 different things?

student

Jul 26, 2004
ej26 said:
What additional stuff should I bring along apart from the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=camera%20flash" onmouseover="window.status='camera, flash'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">camera, flash</a> and tripod to the USA?

What are you going to do there? What type of images do you expect to make? When I am on a business trip, I carry a small Leica M and a small tripod .

When I went to join a phototrip, my equipment was 25 kgs.

ej26

Oct 8, 2003
more of street shots and architecture. a bit of landscape scenary perhaps.

what did you carry?! tts heavy!

student

Jul 26, 2004
ej26 said:
more of street shots and architecture. a bit of landscape scenary perhaps.

what did you carry?! tts heavy!
Forgot to ask, what is your basic equipment?

My "serious" stuff?

One 4x5 camera. 6 lenses. Film holders. Lee compendium hood + filters for 52 and 77. Meter. Loupe. focussing cloth. Packets of films. !300 series Gitzo and arca swiss ballhead. water. All in a Lowepro photo trekkor. Tripod handheld.

For streets? one Leica M with 24 mm lens, loaded with Tri-X. For holidays with family, add one leica R with 45-90mm zoom and one leica minilux with color films and a leica table top tripod. Never worry about batteries except for the minilux. Flash and autofocus do consume more batteries. But one extra is usually enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom