Photography in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej26

Oct 8, 2003
What additional stuff should I bring along apart from the camera, flash and tripod to the USA?

ej26 said:
What additional stuff should I bring along apart from the camera, flash and tripod to the USA?

When I travel, I always make sure I bring with me:
- enough batteries to last me one full day of shooting ... recharge them all when back at the hotel at night
- external storage (portable harddisk, like compact drive or nixvue vista) to download the pictures. Or if you prefer a laptop, that is also good.
- lens cleaning kit

Universal plug!!!.. their 3 pin plug is different from ours..

Yah they uses 2 pin if i'm not wrong. If your adapter is three pin one, bring along a convertor.

an adaptor and convertor are 2 different things?

ej26 said:
What additional stuff should I bring along apart from the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=camera%20flash" onmouseover="window.status='camera, flash'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">camera, flash</a> and tripod to the USA?

What are you going to do there? What type of images do you expect to make? When I am on a business trip, I carry a small Leica M and a small tripod .

When I went to join a phototrip, my equipment was 25 kgs.

more of street shots and architecture. a bit of landscape scenary perhaps.

what did you carry?! tts heavy!

ej26 said:
more of street shots and architecture. a bit of landscape scenary perhaps.

what did you carry?! tts heavy!

Forgot to ask, what is your basic equipment?

My "serious" stuff?

One 4x5 camera. 6 lenses. Film holders. Lee compendium hood + filters for 52 and 77. Meter. Loupe. focussing cloth. Packets of films. !300 series Gitzo and arca swiss ballhead. water. All in a Lowepro photo trekkor. Tripod handheld.

For streets? one Leica M with 24 mm lens, loaded with Tri-X. For holidays with family, add one leica R with 45-90mm zoom and one leica minilux with color films and a leica table top tripod. Never worry about batteries except for the minilux. Flash and autofocus do consume more batteries. But one extra is usually enough.

ej26 said:

Wide angle lens...there are lots of landscape and buidings to shoot :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.