Photography in Hospitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish

Mar 19, 2005
Hi guys,
Just want to find out if anyone has any experience taking photos in hospitals.. Is it allowed? I intend to take someone on a respirator... Focus on the respirator with the patient out of focus. Anyone have any idea?:dunno:
thanks

Depends on why you are doing it? Are you the supplier of this device? If so, you can try asking the ward/department for permission.... But if you lay person..... Er.... Not sure...

some medical equipement can b v sensitive 2 electronic devices...

Why would you want to take a photo of a human being in suffering? So many other things to shoot.:nono:

why don't you ask the staff? i took photos in the hospital's delivery room during my son's birth, with the doctor's blessings.

if the purpose is just plain photography for your own, no hospital should allow that. why would anyone want to put the patients on more stress for no good reason?

U can book a studio and remake it to look like a hospital, then hire a model to act as the patient, and get a respirator as the prop.

i dun mind being a paid "patient". hee... :think:

there's hospital 4 animal, birth (m i using d rite term? :dunno: ) and A&E kind.

i dun think hospitals 1 2 turn into another venue 4 our local hoard of photographers (newbies / hobbyists alike) (me included! :sweat: ). i m sure they got more than they can handle rite now already.

can any1 enlighten us if their turnover rate still v high? :dunno:

sORe-EyEz said:
i dun mind being a paid "patient". hee... :think:

You don't mind having a tube stuck into your trachea?

student said:
You don't mind having a tube stuck into your trachea?

i nv say tt ler, depends lar. dun mind wearing a caste or bandage ard my leg w/ it dangling liddat ah. :lovegrin: got many type of patients, mental patient oso can- jus look troubled ( by u? :sweatsm: ).

i actually took similar shots of a frd last week at the high dependency ward at NUH,as long as u do it discreetly..should be no problem la.

ohh..i never use flash for those shots..

sORe-EyEz said:
i nv say tt ler, depends lar. dun mind wearing a caste or bandage ard my leg w/ it dangling liddat ah. :lovegrin: got many type of patients, mental patient oso can- jus look troubled ( by u? :sweatsm: ).

Hey! Look at the context of this thread.

Dogfish wants to take a picture of a patient on a respirator. Do you know what that mean?

Only two things.

Either a tube plonked down your throat or a hole drilled into your throat!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
think the easiest way is to join nursing lah... mai tu liao...

If you take pictures like that without clearance from the hospital, I guarantee you that you won't be a nurse for very long!

for a layman, can it also mean a mask over the nose and mouth with a tube connected to a tank or oxygen outlet?

student said:
Hey! Look at the context of this thread.

Dogfish wants to take a picture of a patient on a respirator. Do you know what that mean?

Only two things.

Either a tube plonked down your throat or a hole drilled into your throat!

reachme2003 said:
for a layman, can it also mean a mask over the nose and mouth with a tube connected to a tank or oxygen outlet?

That is not called a respirator.

student said:
If you take pictures like that without clearance from the hospital, I guarantee you that you won't be a nurse for very long!

no mah... he can go to the simulation ward in the school wat... den can shoot until song... best of all, can have 1:20 guy:gal type of lifestyle, can ask them TFCD also can... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.