Photography in Hospitals


Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish

New Member
Mar 19, 2005
87
0
0
#1
Hi guys,
Just want to find out if anyone has any experience taking photos in hospitals.. Is it allowed? I intend to take someone on a respirator... Focus on the respirator with the patient out of focus. Anyone have any idea?:dunno:
thanks
 

Alpc

New Member
Oct 10, 2002
579
0
0
Visit site
#3
Depends on why you are doing it? Are you the supplier of this device? If so, you can try asking the ward/department for permission.... But if you lay person..... Er.... Not sure...
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#4
some medical equipement can b v sensitive 2 electronic devices...
 

jbma

Senior Member
Dec 28, 2003
3,287
0
0
Tampines
#5
Why would you want to take a photo of a human being in suffering? So many other things to shoot.:nono:
 

varf

New Member
Nov 14, 2003
1,092
4
0
Visit site
#6
why don't you ask the staff? i took photos in the hospital's delivery room during my son's birth, with the doctor's blessings.
 

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,193
0
0
東京 Tokyo
#7
if the purpose is just plain photography for your own, no hospital should allow that. why would anyone want to put the patients on more stress for no good reason?
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#8
U can book a studio and remake it to look like a hospital, then hire a model to act as the patient, and get a respirator as the prop.
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#9
i dun mind being a paid "patient". hee... :think:
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#10
there's hospital 4 animal, birth (m i using d rite term? :dunno: ) and A&E kind.

i dun think hospitals 1 2 turn into another venue 4 our local hoard of photographers (newbies / hobbyists alike) (me included! :sweat: ). i m sure they got more than they can handle rite now already.

can any1 enlighten us if their turnover rate still v high? :dunno:
 

student

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2004
3,078
0
0
#11
sORe-EyEz said:
i dun mind being a paid "patient". hee... :think:
You don't mind having a tube stuck into your trachea?
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#12
student said:
You don't mind having a tube stuck into your trachea?
i nv say tt ler, depends lar. dun mind wearing a caste or bandage ard my leg w/ it dangling liddat ah. :lovegrin: got many type of patients, mental patient oso can- jus look troubled ( by u? :sweatsm: ).
 

kex

Senior Member
Oct 16, 2002
2,078
0
0
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
#13
i actually took similar shots of a frd last week at the high dependency ward at NUH,as long as u do it discreetly..should be no problem la.

ohh..i never use flash for those shots..
 

student

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2004
3,078
0
0
#14
sORe-EyEz said:
i nv say tt ler, depends lar. dun mind wearing a caste or bandage ard my leg w/ it dangling liddat ah. :lovegrin: got many type of patients, mental patient oso can- jus look troubled ( by u? :sweatsm: ).

Hey! Look at the context of this thread.

Dogfish wants to take a picture of a patient on a respirator. Do you know what that mean?

Only two things.

Either a tube plonked down your throat or a hole drilled into your throat!
 

student

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2004
3,078
0
0
#16
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
think the easiest way is to join nursing lah... mai tu liao...
If you take pictures like that without clearance from the hospital, I guarantee you that you won't be a nurse for very long!
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,737
0
0
#17
for a layman, can it also mean a mask over the nose and mouth with a tube connected to a tank or oxygen outlet?

student said:
Hey! Look at the context of this thread.

Dogfish wants to take a picture of a patient on a respirator. Do you know what that mean?

Only two things.

Either a tube plonked down your throat or a hole drilled into your throat!
 

student

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2004
3,078
0
0
#18
reachme2003 said:
for a layman, can it also mean a mask over the nose and mouth with a tube connected to a tank or oxygen outlet?

That is not called a respirator.
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#19
student said:
If you take pictures like that without clearance from the hospital, I guarantee you that you won't be a nurse for very long!
no mah... he can go to the simulation ward in the school wat... den can shoot until song... best of all, can have 1:20 guy:gal type of lifestyle, can ask them TFCD also can... ;p
 

Status
Not open for further replies.