Photography in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

XsteelWolf

Jun 18, 2005
Hi,I will be going to China around Nov 25 - Dec 1 to around late Janurary to do explore china.Basically my hobbies are photography,those who wishes to come and take good shots of china are free to join me in the trip.

Guilin-> Zhejiang Province(Jiu Quan)-> Shanghai-> Beijing-> Dalian-> Harbin.

Thanks.

Bad time. In those months China is infernally cold.

6 cities stretching from southern to northern china in 7 days??? :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:...... return 1 JAN or 1 DEC? u'll need a week each just to cover shanghai or beijing

You must be a superman or a superlady dude! As mentioned, it's very cold.......:bigeyes:

I said late janurary. I will be catching harbin ice festival

OH! you mean leaving for China sometime between 25 Nov and 1 Dec....sorry misunderstood..... the itinerary looks good and very doable!

ed9119 said:
OH! you mean leaving for China sometime between 25 Nov and 1 Dec....sorry misunderstood..... the itinerary looks good and very doable!
Itinerary not feasible and weather too cold.... Furthermore, quite extreme difference in temp from Zhejiang to Harbin... To cover these places, you will need abt 2 weeks if for photography....

I be there more than 2 months. Wouldnt be a big change. only about 30+ degrees. So bring a jacket for zhejiang and shanghai and winter clothes for harbin,can choose not to go harbin though

Do bring a lot of cold & cough pills, In China hospitals (especially those small & one-person clinics) tend to be very dark.

XsteelWolf said:
I be there more than 2 months. Wouldnt be a big change. only about 30+ degrees. So bring a jacket for zhejiang and shanghai and winter clothes for harbin,can choose not to go harbin though

My advise if you can withstand the cold of maybe -30 to -40 degree celcius, than you are qualify to head to Harbin. For me, I don't think I can even operate a camera there.;) Coldnest do make your brain retarded, you know?

dunno,spent more than 2000 dollars on winter gear liao

more ppl more fun leh

XsteelWolf said:
more ppl more fun leh

You must be superman to spend 2 months exploring China during winter. Definitely won't have many other tourists getting in your way. :D Bear in mind that batteries stop working below minus 10degC. I'm sure you know how to work around this. Films may be more brittle and prone to static discharge sparks. My brain stops working before minus 20C. For sure there will be some fantastic days with clear blue sky and snow on the ground. Have a great trip and then organise another one covering the Silk route during Spring or Autumn. I'll join you for the Silk route one.

really so cold 1 meh

XsteelWolf said:
really so cold 1 meh

Hey, don't worry man since you already prepare yourself for the cold. So don't get cold feet. Just go and have fun. Be prepare for contingencies like taking one mechanical camera body, if you are using digital. But should not be a problem lar. Just do it!

bump booking tickets soon anyone?

update:

covering jiuzhaigou,yunan(dali),guilin shanghai,beijing,dalian, harbin

XsteelWolf said:
bump booking tickets soon anyone?

update:

covering jiuzhaigou,yunan(dali),guilin shanghai,beijing,dalian, harbin

Hi XsteelWolf ....

If you are going to Yunan area, in my opinion it Li Jiangis a better destination for photography ... There are countless photo opportunities at the old city and if you go a bit out of town, you will have the mountains and lakes ... also can see minority groups outside.

If time permits, maybe you may want to considers spending a few days in Li Jiang.

RGDs

Thanks for that info :d

Status
Not open for further replies.