Photography in Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.

benauhc

Jun 23, 2003
Middle Earth
www.cobwebs.0catch.com
Planning to go to Bali for a short trip soon (first time). Can anyone suggest places, sites, sights around Bali that are good for photo-taking ?

Visit the mountain area Kintamani.....breathtaking views of this still working volcanic mountain..........you can also take a night walk with a guide to see the sunrise. Hire a driver/car to drive you around.........if you like art, spend at least a day in Ubud, a small village where the artists are.....you can buy paintings and other pieces of art directly from the artists themselves or from art galleries, there are also wood carvers nearby. At night there are traditional dance performances (very worthwhile)

Get a map!

Hong Sien

To be honest there are too many nice photography site to list. Try to do some searching in the net. Buy a map if you plan to ride around Bali.

Yeah, I'd agree that there's lots of places in Bali you'd want to capture on film. You can get some nice shots at Kintamani. Head to Jimbatan for sunset. If you are putting up at Kuta aread, be prepared to rise as early as 4.30am for sunrise shot at Nusa Dua (if i remember correctly).

How long are you going to be in Bali anyway? I was there for 2 nights and found it to be insufficient....

Do post your photos sometime, yah? Have fun!

The beach is the place to be, among the attractions;)

Thanks for all the advice !
Been to Bali and back. Spent 7 days there. Consulted the LonelyPlanet guide book and friends on where to go. Finally I settled for a few day tours to catch the sites around Bali.

Places that I visited included Nusa Dua Beach, Uluwatu (at Sunset), Ubud Art Market, Besakih, Kintamani (overlooking Lake Batur), Jimbaran(for seafood) Taman Ayun, Lake Bratan, Monkey Forest ,Tanah Lot and of course Kuta Beach and Town. Armed with my G2 , I managed to photograph most of the places. Fortunately it was sunny and blue skies most of the time there.

Have downloaded some of my pics in my photo gallery :
http://benauhc.instantlogic.com
Feel free to look and give comments/advice. Thanks again!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.