Photography for wedding tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One concern about the flash, you might want to add a light modifier to your flash unit so your shots don't look like bunch of tapirs in headlights.

If the indoor ballroom's ceilings not too high, try looking for something like Gary Fong's thingamajig-tron Lightsphere http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Gary-Fong-Li...s?hash=item53dd71af84&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

and point your flash up. If it's too high, then just get a normal diffuser like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Diffuser-for...ries?hash=item35a3c3364c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This is old news, and quite irrelevant to this thread.

TS says she got arrowed by a friend. It's presumed that this is more a favour than it is a job, and that the couple understands the background of TS/the photographer.

So what if TS botches the job? Some will say it's a wedding, cannot repeat, once-in-a-lifetime, cannot afford to mess up, etc. But in this case, I feel that under such circumstances, TS is really free to do whatever she feels like, to the best of her ability. And if it so happens that the pictures don't turn out good, so be it. She's an inexperienced hobbyist, so just what are we expecting?

For a first timer, it's already stressful enough to cover wedding, paid or not. I just think that, despite our good intentions, we might inadvertently be heaping more stress on TS.

Seriously, I say again: P-mode everything, go with the flow, anything interesting, just shoot. You're a first timer, so you're expected to make quite a lot of mistakes. That is where you really start to learn, and know exactly how to improve yourself the next time.

This is old news, and quite irrelevant to this thread.

TS says she got arrowed by a friend. It's presumed that this is more a favour than it is a job, and that the couple understands the background of TS/the photographer.

So what if TS botches the job? Some will say it's a wedding, cannot repeat, once-in-a-lifetime, cannot afford to mess up, etc. But in this case, I feel that under such circumstances, TS is really free to do whatever she feels like, to the best of her ability. And if it so happens that the pictures don't turn out good, so be it. She's an inexperienced hobbyist, so just what are we expecting?

For a first timer, it's already stressful enough to cover wedding, paid or not. I just think that, despite our good intentions, we might inadvertently be heaping more stress on TS.

Seriously, I say again: P-mode everything, go with the flow, anything interesting, just shoot. You're a first timer, so you're expected to make quite a lot of mistakes. That is where you really start to learn, and know exactly how to improve yourself the next time.

Indeed.

The wedding couple, sadly, are actually the persons responsible if they arrowed a friend to shoot and if the friend blotches it up.

this book can be found in our national library.

14994857.JPG

Bro,

He doesn't even use the search function in CS for a similar thread already and you ask him go library and look for the book?

Haha....

Cheers!

The good side of this, due to the pressure, TS might be able to pick up photography skills faster. :D

Cheers!

What does AD stands for?:embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.