Photography for Physically Handicapped Persons

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
While most of us are having fun shooting I'll like to sound out if anyone of us knows any physically handicapped persons who would like to take up photography as a hobby and/or just go out with like minded enthusiasts to shoot with ANY camera or smartphone

Please ask any of your colleagues, friends or relatives who are physically handicapped and/or mobility challenged who would like to go out and try shooting in a group situation
If you are able to accompany your colleague/friend/relative, that would be very good too and encouraged

Clubsnap will try to make this happen if we are able to gather enough interest

Great idea. I am a photographer with lung disease and as my COPD progresses, I am beginning to think it would be safer and even more fun to have someone to go along on my landscape outings. Problem is, I live in a small community in very rural northern California and there just aren't many volunteers. I understand. For the non-photographer, it's kinda boring to stand around one spot, usually no more than 25 or 30 feet from the Jeep (tethered to a hose connected to an oxygen tank) waiting for the light or clouds to be just right.

And counting on my fellow photographers has been a real bust too. It reminds me of trying to organize fellow business people who work in my same field (floor coverings) to work together for a seminar - we are competing for the same business, so no one wants to get involved, even when there's a chance to learn from each other. My fellow photographers seem to have that same attitude, even though there isn't a chance in Hell that I could ever compete for their customers. People see me walking around with a hose in my nose and think, what if he dies in the middle of this shoot? :eek: C'mon, I don't want your customers, I just want your friendship for a few hours.

Course, maybe I'm just imagining the way things are. I only tried a little. I haven't minded being a loner most of my 68 years, so shooting alone has never been a real problem. But I worry sometimes that I might get myself into a situation I might need help out of.

maiden-snow-run08-2.jpg

thanks fo sharing
I've seen these situations too and its admirable seeing people like yourself having the fortitude to still go out and shoot

Reactions: Jim McClain