Photography Ethics - The Other Side of the Coin

Status
Not open for further replies.
fifty-six said:
u see, i dun think she's able to since that nature society requires u to send them ur full name and number. who would do that if u are there to complain against the moderator? :confused:

A sudden plethora of new nicks, :think: .......if you have a legitimate case against a moderator, what's to fear about giving out your name and number? Lamest excuse I've seen here yet. :dunno:

fifty-six said:
u see, i dun think she's able to since that nature society requires u to send them ur full name and number. who would do that if u are there to complain against the moderator? :confused:
Why not? Unless the guilt is there, otherwise what's wrong with leaving behind your name and number :)

Come out, come out, wherever you are.

I think it's next to impossible to pass good judgement in this case lar, since we weren't there. Like i said, which damselfly would let you catch it in the first place?

It's like road accidents. A pedestrain was crossing the road when the red man is on, and a car travelling at 80kph on the 50kph road comes along and whacks him. Who is in the wrong?

2100 said:
I think it's next to impossible to pass good judgement in this case lar, since we weren't there. Like i said, which damselfly would let you catch it in the first place?

It's like road accidents. A pedestrain was crossing the road when the red man is on, and a car travelling at 80kph on the 50kph road comes along and whacks him. Who is in the wrong?
Errr... the pedestrian obviously? :)

nickmak said:
Errr... the pedestrian obviously? :)

The driver actually... there was a precedence case already... tink happened ard Ikea there.

dkw said:
A sudden plethora of new nicks, :think: .......if you have a legitimate case against a moderator, what's to fear about giving out your name and number? Lamest excuse I've seen here yet. :dunno:

WOW WOW BINGO! It's the 2 of us, kimmy and fifty-six. BUT SO WHAT?
Lame? Hello, ask urself, would u give away ur particulars to a troublemaker? for what? Wait for him to disturb you? No time for that tho. :what:
A lamer person is what i would call- someone who doesn't noe anything abt the situation, yet thinks that he does. But u'd say, Mr Aaron Leung is right, in terms of nature ethnics, no doubt of coz. But that's the basic picture u get from his complaint. Wah, u mean u were there? U know abt the words exchange and the motives of everything else? :bsmilie:

p/s and oh, the pedestrian thingy was bravo... i like tt. i mean it. ;p

2100 said:

Both of them are at faults. The driver will get fine for speeding & maybe reckless driving. The pedestrain got himself to be knocked down.

Here is the original poster of the thread in question. I've just read through this thread and am pleased to see the responses of so many nature lovers.

Hi Kimmy, fifty-six and all other viewers, I would like to clarify a few things. It's true that I didn't check what Kimmy and fifty-six were doing before I started scoulding (after seeing a wet damselfly on a big leaf surrounded by them). And I've admitted on the original thread that I didn't manage the case in the best possible way.

Now, may I ask what were you doing there with the wet damselfly? You told me that the damselfly dropped in water and you saved it. It's just as incredible as my version of the story saying that you caught them!

As for our heavy conversations at the time, I quoted what I remembered. I'm not surprised if it's different to the actual conversations as you know what kind of emotion I was at. Likewise, I'm not sure whether your version tells what the actual conversations were as your emotion was no calmer than mine.

Ah, perhaps others would like to know this omitted bit. When I was trying to take photos of you two and the wet damselfly, you were threatening me saying:

"Are you trying to be funny? Huh, huh!"

AND showed a pose of trying to hit me or damage my gears.

As for participating the NPS forums, our policy is to verify the identity of the users if they're registered with a free email account. That means, if you register with your office email for instance, you'll be granted access right away. I'm looking forward for your registrations and postings.

Cheers,

Aaron Leung

fifty-six said:
Lame? Hello, ask urself, would u give away ur particulars to a troublemaker? for what? Wait for him to disturb you? No time for that tho. :what:
A lamer person is what i would call- someone who doesn't noe anything abt the situation, yet thinks that he does. But u'd say, Mr Aaron Leung is right, in terms of nature ethnics, no doubt of coz. But that's the basic picture u get from his complaint. Wah, u mean u were there? U know abt the words exchange and the motives of everything else? :bsmilie:

while we may not know the full details of the situation, based on what you and kimmy have typed i get the impression that aaron leung is the more rational of the three of you.

The way you have typed this post gives me the impression that you are desperately trying to defend your actions but end up making spiteful remarks. If you are indeed in the right, you should at least talk things over with Mr. Leung, instead of flaming people here and acting smug.

I believe in a fit of anger Mr. Leung may have exaggerated the situation by a tad, but I also believe that he has good reason to be angry, judging by your responses in the forum and his claim of your aggresive actions in the park.

To put things in perspective, here is what has been stacked against you at the moment
- Aggresive action towards Mr. Leung
- Flaming others in the forum and creating a new act. to do so( personally im convinced both of you are regulars in this forum )
- Acting smug and not apologetic in the least
I shan't talk about your actions regarding the damselfly as that cannot be proven at this time.

At the very least, I think you should apologise for your actions and barring that, stop hiding behind a new unknown nick and come out and explain yourself. CS members are very forgiving under the right circumstances and explaining things nicely to us will do wonders.

fifty-six said:

Cor.... I think you have a serious lack of insight. Read my post again, did I pass judgement on your case? I certainly think there is more to it than meets the eye. However, you sign up as fifty-six, and in your first post, start to defend kimmy without identifying yourself as one of the protagonists....so who was acting in a disingenuous manner? Also, the excuse you gave for not submitting particulars to NPS is, I say again, LAME.

Hey everyone, leave the them to sort it out themeselves. No point giving our 2 cts worth in this debate since no one other than the 3 of them knew what really transpired.

Status
Not open for further replies.