Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
[video=youtube;LxD17mm9RDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxD17mm9RDM[/video]

Would you say the job scope of a war photographer to record events no matter how grim to be unchanged through the years?

Wait till you see pictures from some of the "laboratories" that Japan had in China for chemical/biological weapons testing. Those take the prize for outright debauchery.

The Eastern front was similarly grim, what with the Germans obliterating entire villages in response to partisan actions, never mind the stated intent to "replace the population with German settlers".

It was the same under the Germans. Testimony to the inhumanity of Man - utter cruelty, brutality, depravity. Singapore went through the same, though on a much much smaller scale. Never forget. Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Last edited:
are you talking abt 黑太阳七三一?Those labs were mostly located near haerbin
Japanese are so successful in plastic surgery because they tried with many chinese and russian bodies which were still alive ,
you cant imagine how they were sent to the test labs , the torture they have gone thru finally to death ,
I watched this show when I was 4-5 years old , I regret watching it , really alot disturbing scenes .

are you talking abt 黑太阳七三一?Those labs were mostly located near haerbin
Japanese are so successful in plastic surgery because they tried with many chinese and russian bodies which were still alive ,
you cant imagine how they were sent to the test labs , the torture they have gone thru finally to death ,
I watched this show when I was 4-5 years old , I regret watching it , really alot disturbing scenes .
That's because the doctors involved escaped the war crimes tribunal. And they set up some biotech companies as well.

I agree. Those were really gruesome pictures. I don't think I have the stomach to watch them again. I believe they can be found on youtube.

seen these videos too many times since young. doesn't affect me much.

That's because the doctors involved escaped the war crimes tribunal. And they set up some biotech companies as well.

I agree. Those were really gruesome pictures. I don't think I have the stomach to watch them again. I believe they can be found on youtube.

THere was some talk about the Americans letting those war criminals go in exchange for the Test results and data from section 731.

THere was some talk about the Americans letting those war criminals go in exchange for the Test results and data from section 731.

That's what I've read here and there as well, but never researched it.

Unit 731 was into biological/germ warfare. Japan wanted a weapon of mass destruction to efficiently kill the large number of Chinese troops and civilians. The Japanese leaders psychoed their own soldiers that the Manchurian/Chinese victims of Unit 731 were "maruta", meaning "logs of wood". This means they had de-sensitised the Japanese soldiers in Unit 731 into not regarding the victims as fellow human beings. Thus they were capable of such cruelty.

After WW2, US did not prosecute the Unit 731 Japanese scientists. Because US wanted the Unit 731 data and results of the germ/biological warfare for their own research/use.

So should we or do we hate the Japanese in this current generation now in 2012?
I think we don't. The sins were committed by a previous generation of Japanese.
Many of us like to buy cameras made in Japan and even pay more for those.

But Japanese atrocities such as the rape of Nanking and comfort women were not fiction.
Unfortunately, Japan refused to apologise for or acknowledge these.

Last edited:
It's probably haunting to some who witnessed first hand but we never learn.

Japanese, Chinese, German. Give any man power to abuse & he is bound to wreck havoc to mankind.

If you guys are interested, you can google for: Lt Gen Shiro Ishii, Japanese microbiologist & commander of the unit 731

Chinese history is also filled with filth. In 207BC, a surrendered Qin army of 200,000 (about the entire size of SAF) were buried alive by one man's order, Xiangyu 西楚霸王 & his eventual defeat+death gave birth to the Han dynasty.

Western? look up @ the fourth crusade which ultimately led to where Instanbul stands today.

It's probably haunting to some who witnessed first hand but we never learn.

Japanese, Chinese, German. Give any man power to abuse & he is bound to wreck havoc to mankind.

If you guys are interested, you can google for: Lt Gen Shiro Ishii, Japanese microbiologist & commander of the unit 731

Chinese history is also filled with filth. In 207BC, a surrendered Qin army of 200,000 (about the entire size of SAF) were buried alive by one man's order, Xiangyu 西楚霸王 & his eventual defeat+death gave birth to the Han dynasty.

Western? look up @ the fourth crusade which ultimately led to where Instanbul stands today.

Dude, the thread was about Modern warfare history here..Please do not downplay the Japanese Massacre by comparing the Chinese to Japanese and Germans. The Chinese was a victim of Japanese's aggression.

Dude, the thread was about Modern warfare history here..Please do not downplay the Japanese Massacre by comparing the Chinese to Japanese and Germans. The Chinese was a victim of Japanese's aggression.

you're the one downplaying history here.

japs are wankers and they're going to die of radiation so there. :D

I did suggest you guys to look up Shiro Ishii :) & I'm pointing out that mankind has been killing ouselves.

I have a collection of WWII period Japanese propaganda magazines with some unpublished pictures of their ahem, aggression. Very grim pictures not published to the outside world & I can share them to anyone interested.

My grandfather was an anti-Japanese guerilla fighter during WW2. Today, I have Japanese & German friends, they did not approve of their forefathers' acts. One is even a descendant of a Navy Admiral & his family came from a line of aristorats. During WW2, Hitler & his fascist Nazi party controlled the govt & assasinated those who opposed him. His grandad was a militaryman, a commander of a U-boat & as a loyal German+soldier, you take orders even if you do not agree. Hitler was just a corporal but because of his whatever crap vision, nearly 6 million Jews were systematically murdered.

I'm not a Japanese & German sympathiser but aggression exist everywhere among us. The reason for all these wars is because of greed. If the people in China were not so quarrellsome & constantly fighting amongst themselves, would Japanese have such an easy time "raping China"? The same goes for majority of Europe when Germany & Axis overran the continent within months. The fall of France was a joke & it happened.

The Americans also used chemical bombs in Vietnam. Some said that Shiro Ishii escaped war crimes for his valuable information & continued his work in US.

TS started this about photographers covering the front line. Everyday, there are war crimes being committed somewhere & the first victims are the weak, women, old & children.

Let's observe a minute of silence to those who sacrificed while giving us images of war.

japs are wankers and they're going to die of radiation so there. :D

don't forget that most of your electronics including your camera comes from Japan companies. you condemn them. but never forget this old chinese adage:

"飲水思源"

don't spread your racism here

I did suggest you guys to look up Shiro Ishii :) & I'm pointing out that mankind has been killing ouselves.

I have a collection of WWII period Japanese propaganda magazines with some unpublished pictures of their ahem, aggression. Very grim pictures not published to the outside world & I can share them to anyone interested.

My grandfather was an anti-Japanese guerilla fighter during WW2. Today, I have Japanese & German friends, they did not approve of their forefathers' acts. One is even a descendant of a Navy Admiral & his family came from a line of aristorats. During WW2, Hitler & his fascist Nazi party controlled the govt & assasinated those who opposed him. His grandad was a militaryman, a commander of a U-boat & as a loyal German+soldier, you take orders even if you do not agree. Hitler was just a corporal but because of his whatever crap vision, nearly 6 million Jews were systematically murdered.

I'm not a Japanese & German sympathiser but aggression exist everywhere among us. The reason for all these wars is because of greed. If the people in China were not so quarrellsome & constantly fighting amongst themselves, would Japanese have such an easy time "raping China"? The same goes for majority of Europe when Germany & Axis overran the continent within months. The fall of France was a joke & it happened.

The Americans also used chemical bombs in Vietnam. Some said that Shiro Ishii escaped war crimes for his valuable information & continued his work in US.

TS started this about photographers covering the front line. Everyday, there are war crimes being committed somewhere & the first victims are the weak, women, old & children.

Let's observe a minute of silence to those who sacrificed while giving us images of war.

There's no need to dig out any history. I jolly know the history as well as you do. You are right on the history except for certain parts.

Look at the TS's title, it says "Photography during WW2 War in the Pacific - Very Disturbing. "
and you quoted "Japanese, Chinese, German. Give any man power to abuse & he is bound to wreck havoc to mankind." and then you said "Chinese history is also filled with filth. In 207BC, a surrendered Qin army of 200,000 (about the entire size of SAF) were buried alive by one man's order, Xiangyu 西楚霸王 & his eventual defeat+death gave birth to the Han dynasty." and lastly "The reason for all these wars is because of greed. If the people in China were not so quarrellsome & constantly fighting amongst themselves, would Japanese have such an easy time "raping China"? "

I hope you know where did you say wrong and know what you are talking about. If you don't know I will tell you. You are putting the Chinese as the same league as Japanese and Germans in WWII and comparing an ancient warfare with no moral or ethic at that time to a modern timeline where now ethics are weighted greatly. I don't know what you are thinking but reading between the lines, you are in fact discriminating the Chinese. You put them in the shoes of warmongers where the Chinese were fighting both a civil war and against foreign invasion. Your perception of wars going by greed is just simply amazed me and lastly your reasoning of Chinese constantly fighting each other with the Japanese's easy looting is totally unnecessary and uncalled for. You might be unintentionally offended a group of people already.

you're the one downplaying history here.

Which part I am downplaying? Can you clarify or it's just blunt statement?

Which part I am downplaying? Can you clarify or it's just blunt statement?

sorry bro. what i meant is... just because the world is getting smaller, whatever happens in the recent century is big news.

but don't forget atrocities in the past. the founding of the various chinese dynasties were worse.

sorry bro. what i meant is... just because the world is getting smaller, whatever happens in the recent century is big news.

but don't forget atrocities in the past. the founding of the various chinese dynasties were worse.

Yes, the Chinese was indeed brutal in the ancient past but that was like every country in the world during that time (example the Mongols) if you read and know something about ancient warfares. Now let's move on since we are in modern times now. I hope we wont fight anymore world wars.