Photography don't need skill and don't need to learn

I think he also want to follow Kodak and file chapter 11 :(

This is just trolling at its very best. Yes Phil Schiller is not the brightest bulb in the shed, but what he actually said was instead teaching everyone (aka people who think their smartphone cameras are all they need, which is plenty) how to be better photographers, it is far more efficient to make cameras that take better pictures for people automatically.

Of course given the fact that this was basically a sales pitch for the new iphone, hyperbole is only to be expected, but I think there is some truth to that. As much as all camera makers recognise that skill is required to take good pictures, the fact is technology can be an enabler - more accurate metering, more sensitive senorss with greater dynamic range, image stabilisation etc. Even though I don't take much pictures with my phone I still appreciate any technological advances that can help increase the quality of the output.

The point is there's no point trying take some isolated comments from a salesman's pitch out of context just to make a company look idiotic - any troll with an internet connection can do that.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;GpH4hrV38J0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpH4hrV38J0[/video]

lolx...:D

wise man tell me -
high tech camera, very good , very sharp, many many mega pixel

just make crap photo look sharper

This is just trolling at its very best. Yes Phil Schiller is not the brightest bulb in the shed, but what he actually said was instead teaching everyone (aka people who think their smartphone cameras are all they need, which is plenty) how to be better photographers, it is far more efficient to make cameras that take better pictures for people automatically.

Of course given the fact that this was basically a sales pitch for the new iphone, hyperbole is only to be expected, but I think there is some truth to that. As much as all camera makers recognise that skill is required to take good pictures, the fact is technology can be an enabler - more accurate metering, more sensitive senorss with greater dynamic range, image stabilisation etc. Even though I don't take much pictures with my phone I still appreciate any technological advances that can help increase the quality of the output.

The point is there's no point trying take some isolated comments from a salesman's pitch out of context just to make a company look idiotic - any troll with an internet connection can do that.

salesman can say all he wants, probably they are not interested in photography.

funny things is many people do actually believe in this and they call themselves photographers.

I think as a marketing guy, he just wanted to make the tagline sound more catchy but in the process of doing so, he unknowingly offended seasoned photographers to some extent.

But I must say you have to give it to technology for making photography A LOT easier compared to some 20-30 years ago. Thanks to technology, many have now become interested in photography as it becomes very accessible to pick up. In that sense, photographers' profession are less respected compared to the past.

However, to say it is easy to take a beautiful picture is an understatement. Usually, this sort of thing is commented unwittingly by the layman because as I said above, the respect for photographers is less in today's context. In fact, I find for people to feel "WOW!" when they see a photo, they do expect a lot more than in the past because in addition to just a photo, they sometimes expect high quality editing to be done also.

Are they going to take all their future product using iPhone? ;p

He got carried away with the "easy to use" mantra.
The iPhone is equipped with an average lens, probably from Largan Precision and Genius Electronic Optical.
It is not a Carl Zeiss or Leica or Rodenstock or Schneider lens.
So tell the Apple presentation guy, don't talk so big.

Its sensor is miserably small.

Last edited:
salesman can say all he wants, probably they are not interested in photography.

funny things is many people do actually believe in this and they call themselves photographers.

Photographers are being been replaced by iphonegraphers.

Cameras will be as distinct as abacus. :bsmilie:

Now we can focus on learning how to climb trees :bsmilie:

"extinct"

It will be fashionably "distinctive" to own a camera.

Camera will never be "extinct" as a fashion accessory: :bsmilie:

oqgp2t-l-610x610-jewels-camera-necklace.jpg

I really wonder how I can shoot bird with Iphone. If Apple is able to show me how, I will trade in my whole setup for their phone. (Quality of the photo must be equal to what I can get with my 600mm)