Photography Degree

Status
Not open for further replies.

victoru

Aug 13, 2005
Aspiring photographers, heard that an Italian design school is offering a Diploma and Degree in Photography. School name Cavalry Italian Design School, www.cidschool.com

victoru said:
Aspiring photographers, heard that an Italian design school is offering a Diploma and Degree in Photography. School name Cavalry Italian Design School, www.cidschool.com

Is there a course on Photography?

I went through their programmes, they only offer Fashion Design, Pattern Making and Fashion Stylist courses.

for an art/design school type of thing it doesn't seem to be a very nicely
designed website. :eek:

Neither is there sufficient details on their programmes. For institutions who offer degrees, there should at least be sections on career prospects, whether the course is full time or part time, course fees and so on and so forth. The facilities also look like shots of activity rooms in community clubs in neighbourhoods.

squishyx said:
for an art/design school type of thing it doesn't seem to be a very nicely
designed website. :eek:

ya... esp the logo is rather low res til can see the pixels.. color dun match background...

den the pic of the photography course, the lens is so distorted... maybe never teach how to do distortion correction... den maybe only use umbrella nia... no softbox... :confused:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=146133

Are you representing this school or not? Telling people that you heard something when you're representing the school isn't a good start. It's like me opening a foodstall and paying people to line up. Let's be upfront shall we? No harm in doing that.

No offence if my assumption was wrong.

I take back what i said. My assumption is correct. Mr Victor Yu is indeed the Director of Cavalry School of Management and Design. So if you're the brains behind the school, please don't tell us you heard it from someone. Not a good rapport building move IMO.:nono:

Reflection said:
I take back what i said. My assumption is correct. Mr Victor Yu is indeed the Director of Cavalry School of Management and Design. So if you're the brains behind the school, please don't tell us you heard it from someone. Not a good rapport building move IMO.:nono:

Better yet, the director still calls it " Cavalry Italian Design School" Even though on the website he had changed the name :D ..... LOL.

hmm ... Wanted to cheap some ppl huh ........

police ?? :p

Here're my humble suggestions:

1) It is vital for a credible business entity/school to invest in its image. In this case, the webpage could be improved a whole lot more. It will be wise to spend $$$$ to advise and create something innovative, apart from the 'normal' standard look.

2) The event photos featured in the gallery section is very badly taken. For an art/design school, it only reflects poor quality work done. Pls get a professional to take some decent pics.

One more thing to add... how is it an italian school when it's in Singapore? I dun see SIM calling themselves An Australian or London University when they offered their long distance learning courses....

Also, What's LABA and how can it be possible to get degree if the course is only 3 hrs?

LOL :flame: give this guy a break think we are looking forward to thread starter reply to explain to our queries and make things more transparent and clear to everyone interested here

nemesis32 said:
One more thing to add... how is it an italian school when it's in Singapore? I dun see SIM calling themselves An Australian or London University when they offered their long distance learning courses....

Also, What's LABA and how can it be possible to get degree if the course is only 3 hrs?

dunno if they changed the details after your comments, now it says 3 years LOL

wow .. now that is a long couse to go ...
hmm ...

Take camera shoot for 3 years .. wow ... Hand sure like popeye .. :p

Sandman77 said:
wow .. now that is a long couse to go ...
hmm ...

Take camera shoot for 3 years .. wow ... Hand sure like popeye .. :p

upz for course

Status
Not open for further replies.