photography cum trekking in Nepal

Status
Not open for further replies.

29tim05

Oct 4, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.pbase.com
Hi,

I am trying to plan out a trekking trip in Nepal and looking for travelmates who are interested in trekking and photography (2 - 4 pax to go).

Traveling period from March to April 2010.
should be taking on 14D to 16D Everest Base Camp or Annurpurna Sanctuary Trek.
budgets not more than $2400

I will firm up this trip by 31 Jan 2010
Interested party, please PM or email me @ 29tim05@gmail.com :)

and anyone can tip me any good agencies for trekking in nepal. thanks in advance :D

Hi,

I am trying to plan out a trekking trip in Nepal and looking for travelmates who are interested in trekking and photography (2 - 4 pax to go).

Traveling period from March to April 2010.
should be taking on 14D to 16D Everest Base Camp or Annurpurna Sanctuary Trek.
budgets not more than $2400

I will firm up this trip by 31 Jan 2010
Interested party, please PM or email me @ 29tim05@gmail.com :)

and anyone can tip me any good agencies for trekking in nepal. thanks in advance :D

I would recommend going during June-July instead of Mar-April.

June to Sep is the start of the summer monsoon season. Weather is humid and the rain might affect your photographic opportunities. Also, you tend to get heavy clouds in the mornings and late evenings (during golden hour), which will severely affect your visibility.

Best time to visit Nepal is still from Oct to Dec, although its the main tourist season and prices are usually jacked up during this time. Mar to Apr is also another decent time as its not that touristy (spring time!), and you can still get decent visibility up in the mountains. Temperatures are also milder and pathways are easier to walk.

Hope that helps! :)

Last edited:
I would recommend going during June-July instead of Mar-April.

June to Sep is the start of the summer monsoon season. Weather is humid and the rain might affect your photographic opportunities. Also, you tend to get heavy clouds in the mornings and late evenings (during golden hour), which will severely affect your visibility.

Best time to visit Nepal is still from Oct to Dec, although its the main tourist season and prices are usually jacked up during this time. Mar to Apr is also another decent time as its not that touristy (spring time!), and you can still get decent visibility up in the mountains. Temperatures are also milder and pathways are easier to walk.

thanks

Ah okay, for some reason my friend had fantastic views when he went in July this year.

Actually it depends on which part of Nepal u visit. If you're going to the Everest region, stick to Mar-Apr and Oct-Dec. If you're going to the Lang Tang valley region further up north, Jun-July you might still get decent weather. For Annapurna, Oct-Dec is still the best, esp. if you're doing the circuit, but for the base camp trek, early June is still possible, July to Sep, the clouds set in and it can be disappointing in the mornings.

But then again, these are just based on weather guides and my experience (been up there 4 times). Given the recent climate shifts, it may not also be wrong to assume that the Monsoon will arrive a little later than usual...

At the end of the day, Nepal is still a beautiful country to visit, and a trek into the mountain ranges will give you a very close local perspective. I also believe that as a photographer, the challenge is the ability to still take good photos, regardless of weather conditions :) Have fun!

For Annapurna, Dec actually is a low period. As we walked along the route in Dec 2009, many guest houses were closed for business. At each time only around 2 guest houses are open and they take turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.