Photography Courses available @ tpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpg

Jul 8, 2004
Hey Hey! How's all of us doing?

Annoucing the Photographer's Gallery special!

Five different course is available at our spanking new gallery, all catered for our lust for different areas of photography. Whether you are a newbie, or interested in outdoor snap shot or studio protraits, we got just the program plus top notch, dedicated teachers just for you!

The programs included this round are as follows,

1. Basic Photography, commencing on 28th Aug 2004
2. TravelScape, commencing on 5th Aug 2004
3. Nature Macro Photography, commencing on the 29th July, 2004
4. Outdoor Portraiture, commencing on 7th Aug, 2004
5. Studio Portraiture, commencing on 20th Aug, 2004

So come along, don't be shy. PM me or leave me a message at info@tpgallery.com.sg, and i will sure to reply you as fast as I can!

PS: drop by to see our new sensuality exhibition @ 140 Hill Street. #01-02 MITA Building. Tel: 6837 3886

Fee???????????????

the teachers are as follows,

Basic Photography - Frederick Foo/Jeff Loo
TravelScape - Lester V. Ledesma
Nature Macro Photography - Low Soon Leong
Outdoor Portraiture - Jeff Loo
Studio Portraiture - Chris Wong

As for samples of their work, I will try my very, very best to add them up on web. I hope this infomation helps!

Ok, Fees,

basic Photography, $180 for 8 sessions of 2 hrs each
Travel Scape - $240 for 5 sessions of 2.5 hrs each
Nature Photography - $240 for 7 sessions of 2.5 hrs each
Outdoor Portraiture - $240 for 7 sessions of 2.5 hrs each
Studio Portraiture - $240 for 7 sessions of 2.5 hrs each

Crysania said:
Do you have more details of the syllabus covered?

Pls feel free to call us at Tel: 68373886 (12 noon to 7pm daily, except Tuesdays and Sundays) or PM your contact.
We shall provide you further info to meet your needs.

Hello tpg,

Are you jeff or frederick? Dropped by your gallery yesterday. Cool place. Liked the open concept and space of the gallery. Felt very comfortable. Noticed the Bose speakers too. What's the two black metal brackets on the wall for? The idea of pulling the white cloth curtains to partition the gallery for classes is very practical too. When will your website www.tpgallery.com.sg be ready? Does one have to attend your gallery's basic photography course in order to sign up for the travescape course? Congratulations and thank you for both your effort.

Cheers,
Richard

August...still must wait so long... ;p

Any earlier course? ;)

Hi Richard,

Thanks for dropping by TPG. When we envisage the concept of TPG initially, we had in mind to setup a space where it both functions as a gallery and as a space where we can have workshops, courses and studio space all in one. The brackets that you notice are meant for the studio backdrops in our studio workshops and courses.

TPG's website is still under construction. Give us sometime, will definitely be up soon.

You don't really need to go through the basic course for the travelscape though its highly recommended. You should however have basic working concepts of exposure and composition.

Cheers,
Jeff

a17hiqv300 said:
Hello tpg,

Are you jeff or frederick? Dropped by your gallery yesterday. Cool place. Liked the open concept and space of the gallery. Felt very comfortable. Noticed the Bose speakers too. What's the two black metal brackets on the wall for? The idea of pulling the white cloth curtains to partition the gallery for classes is very practical too. When will your website www.tpgallery.com.sg be ready? Does one have to attend your gallery's basic photography course in order to sign up for the travescape course? Congratulations and thank you for both your effort.

Cheers,
Richard

BeCause many of you have been asking, so here it is! a brief description of the courses available!

BASIC PHOTOGRAPHY

How many to us have taken pictures only to be disappointed with the results – blurred images, incorrect exposure, poor composition etc?

Envision the world through your lens with our Basic Photography course. Our fun and creative sessions will bring you through the basics of exposure, composition, techniques and equipments in different areas of photography.

Through a combination of lectures, hands on fieldwork and critique, you will appreciate the finer points in photography and be on your way to becoming a better and more creative photographer.

Commencing: August 23, 2004
Duration: 8 Sessions of 2 hours each
Fees: $180
Pre-requisite: Any digital or film camera with manual override capabilities
Instructor: Frederick Foo/ Jeff Loo

TravelScape
Encounter luscious landscape or a glorious sunset during your travels? Wish your pictures could do justice to the view in front of you?

The TravelScape course, a series of lectures, slide presentations, outdoor field trips and critiques on what makes a good Travel-Scrape picture and how to make the most of your travel shoots.

In the breakout sessions, participants can bring along their TravelScape works for critiques.

Commencing: August 5, 2004:
First lesson- Thursday
7:30pm-10pm
Subsequent lessons- Sundays
8:30am – 11 am

Duration: 5 sessions of 2.5 hours each
Fees: $240
Pre-requisite: Basic Photography, film or digital camera
Instructor: Lester V. Ledesma

Nature Photography
Let our nature photography course bring you up-close and personal with mother nature. Students will delve into a fascinating world of colors, patterns and life recorded and magnified in all their natural glory.

The course will commence with a lecture followed by outdoor field trips where the students will be taught the finer points in “seeing: and capturing macro views of nature. Come and view the natural world in a totally different perspective!

Commencing: July 29, 2004:
First lesson- Thursday
Subsequent lessons- Saturday afternoons
3:30pm – 6am

Duration: 7 sessions of 2.5 hours each
Pre-requisite: Basic Photography, film or digital camera
Instructor: Low Soon Leong

Outdoor Portraiture
Interested in taking effective human portraiture outdoors? The Outdoor Portraiture course will bring you through techniques to maximize to your advantage the elements of available lighting, location settings, subject and composition to capture effective images.

The course consists of a lecture sessions followed by practical outdoor sessions. Students will have the chance of shooting under different lightings and environment settings.

Commencing: August 24, 2004:,
First Lesson on a Tuesday
Subsequently lessons on Sundays
8:30am – 11 am

Pre-requisite: Basic Photography, understanding exposure and simple composition

Instructor: Jeff Loo

Studio Portraiture
Have you ever wanted to explore studio lighting? The Studio Portraiture course will give you an introduction into the art of manipulating and controlling studio lights to create different possibilities for portraiture.

Through lectures and hands on practical model sessions in the studio, you will gain an insight into the different types of lighting commonly employed in portraiture (Low key, high key, classics, special effects) and the style of portraiture that it suits,

Participants will have the chance to build up their personal portfolio showcasing some of their best works taken during the course.

Commencing: August 20, 2004: (Friday)
7:30pm-10pm
Pre-requisite: Basic Photography, film or digital camera with PC sync or flash adaptor

Instructor: Chris Wong

OKAY! That's all the information i've got! Anyone wants to know more about the progam, please PM me, and i'll answer directly to you.

Cheers!

Sorry! These dates that are posted right now are the earliest dates.

I am interested in the nature course, but is there a typo in the timing?? I mean Saturday 3:30pm till 6am seems like a really long session, and I currently don't have a flash to take pictures in low light/night.

hangdog said:
I am interested in the nature course, but is there a typo in the timing?? I mean Saturday 3:30pm till 6am seems like a really long session, and I currently don't have a flash to take pictures in low light/night.

Yep,

Sorry that's a typo. Should be 3.30pm - 6pm. Can you PM us an email and I can send the details of the nature course for your kind consideration.

Rdgs,
TPG

tpg said:
The programs included this round are as follows,

1. Basic Photography, commencing on 28th Aug 2004
2. TravelScape, commencing on 5th Aug 2004
3. Nature Macro Photography, commencing on the 29th July, 2004
4. Outdoor Portraiture, commencing on 7th Aug, 2004
5. Studio Portraiture, commencing on 20th Aug, 2004

Hi
Just want to check. Above, The outdoor Portraite course is 7 Aug but below is 24 Aug ( in the course description section).

Which date is the actual start date of the course?

JAG said:
Hi
Just want to check. Above, The outdoor Portraite course is 7 Aug but below is 24 Aug ( in the course description section).

Which date is the actual start date of the course?

the actual date now is 24 Aug.

Status
Not open for further replies.