Photography Course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's good, the lecturers are knowledgeable and you will have a good hands-on feel of both film & digital photography, including darkroom techniques.

Be prepared to work hard though, it's not a learn everything in one lesson kind of course. You're expected to attend classes from 7-10pm, twice a week for 20 weeks. You're also expected to do your own homework (shoot pics in your spare time).

Yes it's good, the lecturers are knowledgeable and you will have a good hands-on feel of both film & digital photography, including darkroom techniques.

Be prepared to work hard though, it's not a learn everything in one lesson kind of course. You're expected to attend classes from 7-10pm, twice a week for 20 weeks. You're also expected to do your own homework (shoot pics in your spare time).

Thanks for sharing.In this digital era, is darkroom techniques still useful?

Thanks for sharing.In this digital era, is darkroom techniques still useful?

I find it useful. It gives you a good understanding of techniques, contrast, tone and saturation, which will help you in digital as well, since many things from Photoshop come from the darkroom, eg masking, dodging, burning etc.

I find it useful. It gives you a good understanding of techniques, contrast, tone and saturation, which will help you in digital as well, since many things from Photoshop come from the darkroom, eg masking, dodging, burning etc.

I see. I couldn't find much info no Nafa website. Does the course include studio photography?

Got studio, portrait and product but those are intro sections lah, only around 3-4 weeks each +/- and once a week for portrait and studio only.

I find the instructors are knowledgeable and definitely you will learn something useful from them.

$1200, not bad bah. If below quote is true.
7pm-10pm = 3 hrs
(3hrs X 2/wk) X 20 wks = 120hrs
1hr = $10 (less than primary sch tuition fees ;P)

There are many reputable photography clubs and societies offering courses too. Like PSS and ahemm... SAFRA Photographic Club etc =P
I could be biased thou.

Hmm.. How would the certification help in Singapore's context? When applying for photojournalistic jobs?

If I am going to hire a creative person (photographer, designer, copywriter, artist etc), I won't even look at the certification first. I would look at his/her portfolio. Don't get too hung up on certs. Certs are merely proof that you have completed a fixed course and have demonstrated an ability to understand the fundamentals of the course. Almost anyone can complete a course.

Status
Not open for further replies.