Photography course

Status
Not open for further replies.

renville

Jun 22, 2007
Hi guys,

My name is Renville. I just joined this forum, I am a another newbie here and I found this forum really helpfull for a newbies like me.

I would like to joint a photography class to learn more about photography but there are some options available in this forum.THus, I am confused and dunno which learning centre should I enroll. I need advice from some expert from this forum.

Thank you.

Hi Renville,

welcome to ClubSnap.

Maybe before you start considering taking a Photography course, you may want to read up some books about photography first, to have at least some basic knowledge. I know there are some photographers out there who did not take up any course and still produce very impressive pictures.

If you want to take up a course, make sure it's a reputable one. There are a couple of threads started on where to take such courses, you may want to do a search.

Enjoy your stay here and happy shooting. :)

There's one upcoming at Teck Ghee CC.

Register at :
http://one.pa.gov.sg/CRMSPortal/CRM...geLabel=CRMSPortal_page_1&IdProdInst=11231552

Class Content
Pick up the practical skills of taking photographs { starting from the fundamentals to mastery of professional techniques. Topics include types of camera format, camera and lenses, types of film and lighting, handling and maintaining camera and lenses and image and creativity in the darkroom.

Class Requirement and Remarks:
Class Code: C11231552. For participants who are 14 years old and above. Interested participants who signing for the course are require to bring their own camera (digital or film). Those without cameras will be advise on what to buy/get on the 1st lesson. Basically, the class commences at 7.30pm to 9.00pm on every Monday evening except for 2 outdoor trips which falls on the weekends.

Trainer
LEE CHING CHUAN, FRANCIS FRANCIS LEE IS A PHOTOJOURNALIST OF SINGAPORE PRESS HOLDINGS. HE POSSESSES A CERTIFICATE IN PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY FROM NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF PHOTOGRAPHY, NEW YORK, US. HE HAS BEEN CONDUCTING MODULE PHOTOGRAPHY COURSES FOR STREATS JOURNALISTS AND REPORTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS AT PASIR RIS SOUTH CC FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS.

Class Details
Date:
09-Jul-07 (Mon) to 27-Aug-07 (Mon)

Time:
MONDAY 07:30 PM - 09:00 PM

No. of Sessions: 10

Venue:

Class Size: 6 - 15

Language: ENGLISH
Certification/ Examination Type:
Nil

Vacancies: Available

Registration Closing Date:
09-Jul-07

I've taken some courses at Objectifs before and the instructors are inspiring and creative practicing photographers or photography educators. Check out www.objectifs.com.sg, look under workshops > photography.

You may want to visit the various organisations/companies offering photography classes, check out their websites, and if possible speak to the ex-students.

take a step back dun enroll first... read up in the internet and get familiar with the common terms and your gear. if not you will be just wasting money.

http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/category/tips-for-beginners/

This website might help.

Anyhow, in order to grasp the basics you will need to know these three technical things: Aperture, shutter speed and ISO. Know how these factors interplay together...and you pretty much nailed down your basic foundation.

The other thing is play around with your camera at Manual setting, change aperture and shutter speed and ISO, when you get too bored with reading...and hav fun!

Then comes the composition techniques which can be studied later..honestly it's just a guideline nothing much.

Hi Guys,

I would like to say thank you to everybody who already give a precious advice. This forum is really a good place to learn photography and also full of people who are willing all of the newbies.

Thank you so much guys. I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

GBU all

Try SLCC . It is a friendly place with a lot of practice.:) Long history also.

Status
Not open for further replies.