photography course

Status
Not open for further replies.

nard

Jan 5, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

I am interested in attending a photography course for beginners. Any recommendations?

Thank you! :)

1. PSS - Photographic Society of Singapore
(a) Membership for 2 years promotion $72
(b) Course for MEMBERS is $120 for basic course (their MOST POPULAR course) - 12 lessons, once per week
(c) a lot of places to get discount with privileges as member
(d) has Photo Clinic where expert professional photographers will guide you re: photographs you show them etc...
(e) At Selegie Art House - TOWN!!!

2. SAFRA Photographic Club
(a) Bukit Merah
(b) Membership is $18 per year
(c) Also have discounts at d/p labs etc...
(d) Course seems to be slightly longer... also once a week

1. - currently halfway thru' course...enjoying it...SAFRA...thinking about it!

FYI...

what kind of camera / equipment am i expected to possess for such courses? I don't have alot of hi-tech stuff.

How do i get to the place by mrt or bus? Thanks

I should think that any SLR should suffice. You can choose your preference of AF or Manual SLRs or even digital SLRs. Have one already?

anyone has attended the basic photography course or digital photography course at PSS - Photographic Society of Singapore?

mind giving your feedback on the course?
:)

Tell you the right stuff. can do replacement lessons etc...it has been an enjoyable time thus far for me...going to end my course soon and starting B&W in Feb....

check out www.pss1950.org

Originally posted by nard
Hi,

I am interested in attending a photography course for beginners. Any recommendations?

Thank you! :)

u can take bus from Commenwealth MRT 197,196,198,147... few bus stop away, alight right outside SAFRA Bukit Merah...

course fees for Basic is $50 for Club member...

u can attend the course before buying your camera... the instructor will guide u in buying camera...

for your info, for those who are SAFRAPC member, u can use the darkroom for FREE... provided u've being thru the course... for non member, and being certify for the useage of darkroom, u pay $8 for the whole day... Kodak B/W chemical PROVIDED....

think about it... over 13 enlarger...

Hi tagclieg2,

for the basic course am i right to say they teach the basic stuff like exposure and how to control the amt of light entering the camera...are there more intermediate and more technical stuff.

Hey and the B/W cse wat do they teach :)

Ethan
thanks!!!

Hey tagclieg2...miss out 2 qn marks...wanted to ask u if they teach more intermediate and technical stuff and wat they cover in the B/w cse...

Ethan
thanks

Originally posted by Silhouette
Hey tagclieg2...miss out 2 qn marks...wanted to ask u if they teach more intermediate and technical stuff and wat they cover in the B/w cse...

Ethan
thanks

what kind of "intermediate and technical stuff" are u talking about???

Originally posted by Silhouette
Hi tagclieg2,

for the basic course am i right to say they teach the basic stuff like exposure and how to control the amt of light entering the camera...are there more intermediate and more technical stuff.

Hey and the B/W cse wat do they teach :)

Ethan
thanks!!!

Most B/W course in clubs teaches how to do B/W printing, also the concept of B/W photography....

Hey thanks....most prob i will be going for the B/ W darkroom course :)

Ethan
cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.