Photography configuration i.e Back focusing

Victorlim

Aug 1, 2012
Hougang
Hi guys,

I was reading up on photography and I read something about back focusing. After I tried it out, I have been using this configuration ever since.

I would like to check with you guys, are there any other configurations that a camera can do that you all find it very useful?

Personally i feel that back focusing is very useful to me, as I can cut down on the focusing time and readjust my settings to capture the right moment.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

I would like to check with you guys, are there any other configurations that a camera can do that you all find it very useful?
These possible camera configurations will vary between brands and even models of the same brand. Your manual has the details, check about 'CFn - Custom Functions'.

Hi guys,

I was reading up on photography and I read something about back focusing. After I tried it out, I have been using this configuration ever since.

Personally i feel that back focusing is very useful to me, as I can cut down on the focusing time and readjust my settings to capture the right moment.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

I gather you are referring to the AF button and it's usefulness....

I exclusively use the AF button in the rear of my DSLR. Completely turn off AF mode at half press of the shutter button. It makes focusing more effective for me without the need to constantly reacquiring spot focus for off centered subject. I also have AF mode in constant AF instead of Single Focus. So if I need to track a moving target, I just have to keep my finger on the AF button to keep the tracking.

As for how many AF points, I usually would use single point for smaller target I want to capture like the eye of a person for example. If it's a more larger target, I would use 9 points. The AF point(s) is locked in the middle of my screen.

Took me a while to get use to it but after a few months of using it, it became very instinctive and have never looked back since.

Last edited:
I am referring to back button focusing. Lol

I think this function is very useful. I like to use it.

Thanks Sammy888! That is a nice combo to use back button focusing with the constand AF mode.

Beside this, do you guys know anymore fuctions that are useful during shoot?

Beside this, do you guys know anymore fuctions that are useful during shoot?

The following:

1) Practice basic photography fundamentals
2) Develop a creative eye for composition storytelling
3) Learn from bad shots taken
4) Practice
5) Practice
6) And more Practice over the years.

Heheh.. of all the "functions' that I notice in hobby photographers these are the least used 'functions' that I know.

The following:

1) Practice basic photography fundamentals
2) Develop a creative eye for composition storytelling
3) Learn from bad shots taken
4) Practice
5) Practice
6) And more Practice over the years.

Heheh.. of all the "functions' that I notice in hobby photographers these are the least used 'functions' that I know.

Agreed, most people "focus" on the wrong areas instead.

I did chuckle when you talked about using back focusing rather than back-button focus lock :)

I did chuckle when you talked about using back focusing rather than back-button focus lock :)

Lol, I still very confuse with the terms. Do I use the right terms after all? Please correct me if I am using the wrong terms. Lol

I need to dig a hole and hide my head inside.