photography club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J2meePok

Jul 10, 2008
www.flickr.com
as wat i stated in my topic....
is it good to join one n enjoy the journey of how a photography club is as i nv join once b4.. cos my sch starts in sep for SIM... ;)

need advise as i scare the hectic course work produced by sch crashes with the cca:cry:

i am always apprehensive of the positive value of any photography club, in particular in singapore.

they tend to end up in a stage where more talking is done than anything else (and that's fine), and no honest critique is given, except buddy comments (that's not fine).

my friend in RP, say the club mostly take sch events n stuff... nv organise any outing to go shoot shoot, he feel kinda bored with it:confused: whether wan to quit or not!

I was approached by my university to setup a photography club as the uni is new with its only 2nd intake this coming Sept. I agreed and now in the process of finalizing details and gathering interested current students and later the new freshmen. :)

I believe in both CCA and Studies to balance life. Even scholars nowadays need to be an all-rounder. So juggle btw cca and studies are part and parcel of time management of an individual.

i am always apprehensive of the positive value of any photography club, in particular in singapore.

they tend to end up in a stage where more talking is done than anything else (and that's fine), and no honest critique is given, except buddy comments (that's not fine).

some dont like to speak honest, some like to speak but scare to hurt in their buddy photography pride. sigh!!

my friend in RP, say the club mostly take sch events n stuff... nv organise any outing to go shoot shoot, he feel kinda bored with it:confused: whether wan to quit or not!

If you wanna join photo outings to widen your exposure in photos taking and get to know like-minded people, can just join the outings organized in CS.

I'm sure there will be many seniors out there who's willing to guide you along.

Then he can make suggestions to the committee? A club needs to have vibrancy and to get out of the school context to explore then can move on and learn imo.

If you wanna join photo outings to widen your exposure in photos taking and get to know like-minded people, can just join the outings organized in CS.

join before loh... now had to wait for sch timetable and manage when i free n not free for joining outing. :D preparing sch work lately + whether wan to join photography club to meet more photographer den CS one...

some dont like to speak honest, some like to speak but scare to hurt in their buddy photography pride. sigh!!

When some1 to ask me for photo critique, I do my best to help them but warn b4 hands that, it might be a bitter pill to shallow.

Those willing to hear and learn will improve, those heck-care type then let them be.

Then he can make suggestions to the committee? A club needs to have vibrancy and to get out of the school context to explore then can move on and learn imo.

he only yr1 in rp and camera stuff provided by sch is quite less except their studio( saw their in-house studio, can fight with mediacorp:bigeyes: )

anyways, make sure the people you join are "like-minded", you usually can tell from the group's thread(s), if honest comments are given there by each other, and improving is your objective, then be happy and join.

if you are looking for buddy comments, also got a wealth of that.. then also join, even easier to join those people. :bsmilie:

he only yr1 in rp and camera stuff provided by sch is quite less except their studio( saw their in-house studio, can fight with mediacorp:bigeyes: )

Yr1 doesn't mean cannot have a say, right?

I was in SP and join CCA.. all levels have a say during monthly meet ups. :)

When some1 to ask me for photo critique, I do my best to help them but warn b4 hands that, it might be a bitter pill to shallow.

Those willing to hear and learn will improve, those heck-care type then let them be.

agreed. one shld accept critique n take n learn from it rather than defensive.:thumbsup: no one is born to be a expert, all learnt from hardship and critique. Part and parcel of life. :lovegrin:

Yr1 doesn't mean cannot have a say, right?

I was in SP and join CCA.. all levels have a say during monthly meet ups. :)

now i had to wait for his feedback on his club. he had a busy study workload.:sweat:

not sure anyone from SIM photography club lurk in CS or not!:bsmilie::bsmilie:

not sure anyone from SIM photography club lurk in CS or not!:bsmilie::bsmilie:

If I had accepted their offer, I would have been one. But I opted to take up another uni offer. :bsmilie:

i ever received this feedback from my juniors..."our members are here to learn and have a passion about photography. they are only beginners so keep your critiques to yourself.", after i made some comments about composition of the members' photographs

totally WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.