Photography classes for children....

peterhone

Sep 19, 2010
www.dphotographer.co.uk
I am looking for anyone who does classes for Children/Teenagers as my Step-daughter has a real for photography and will get a new DSLR D3100 for her birthday and at age 12, she is a great age to start learning...
Any help would be great

peter@pvelectricalengineers.com.sg

At age 12, she can join any of the normal newbies outings or the many many many beginners classes that have already been posted ad nauseum here.

A DSLR at the age of 12? Anything smaller will fit her hands better. Teaching / learning photography does not require any camera of this size and weight.

A DSLR at the age of 12? Anything smaller will fit her hands better. Teaching / learning photography does not require any camera of this size and weight.

True. Maybe a mirrorless or an A37?

peterhone said:
I am looking for anyone who does classes for Children/Teenagers as my Step-daughter has a real for photography and will get a new DSLR D3100 for her birthday and at age 12, she is a great age to start learning...
Any help would be great

peter@pvelectricalengineers.com.sg

Your daughter really like a photograph?

If she got interested Any point and shoots like digital cam can be do as well.

Like Smart phone also can shoot as well.

After she think that digital cam cannot fulfill then you just upgrade like mirror less or dslr entry level.

Can find up some CC have photograph section or present how to shoots, then you can bring her to listen on that section or short class.

That is good idea.

Last edited:
btw, welcome to the community

there are a few other 12 to 15 year olds (boys and girls ) in this community too and a couple of them will put adult photographers to shame

there are a few other 12 to 15 year olds (boys and girls ) in this community too and a couple of them will put adult photographers to shame

Yah seriously... You shoot with them and you're happy with your shots then you see their shots then you think it might be time to sell all your gear and take up knitting...

ed9119 said:

Thumbs up to this.

Just keep them out of kopitiam chats :p

I was looking at Nikon as I use D90 and noted D3100 did a RED one as it was aimed at younger generation....but she happy with D3100 standard black....not looked at D5100...will check now...

The D3100 is not aimed at a younger generation. It's just aimed at the female population. ;)

She likes the feel of the D90...so D3100 maybe ok to start....every magazine quoted the D3100 as being aimed at younger market and she read that bit too....for me as long as she is comfortable using it....thats all that matters. Thanks

peterhone said:
She likes the feel of the D90...so D3100 maybe ok to start....every magazine quoted the D3100 as being aimed at younger market and she read that bit too....for me as long as she is comfortable using it....thats all that matters. Thanks

Then give her your D90! :bsmilie: good excuse to buy a better camera for yourself!

maybe a d800? so no need to change in the future ^^

MeMyselfAndI said:

Giant size, sure no problem to carry with lens "_""

Like laptop got 11" , 13" 15" and 17"

I believe you won't buy the 17 inch ha ha for carry everyday

Last edited:
MeMyselfAndI said:

Haha even with D800, there will be a need to change in the future.

Some school's have photography related classes. I think they call them CCA's or enrichment programs but they are pretty basic from what my kid says. The instructor advised on adult classes. You can find also find classes offered via the photography clubs/societies ie. Photographic Society of Singapore (that's the only one I know of, sorry). Hope that helps.