Photography @ Chinese Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
im so embrassed:embrass: im singaporean and i've never been to the botanic gardens n night safari before.Even my overseas colleague has been there

im so embrassed:embrass: im singaporean and i've never been to the botanic gardens n night safari before.Even my overseas colleague has been there
Hey Redsun - it might be a blessing. Going to a new place will likely put you on higher alert.... and you may be very sesitive to good items to shoot at than some whom grew overly familiar.... cheers!

Hey Ambious. That is a good list of places... I was thinking of Botanic Garden this morning. Dun think I have been there before. =)

:) I haven't been to botanic garden ever since they renovate. Seems like a popular place for tourist as I'd seen japs and caucasians getting off the bus and head there.

Michael

Arghhh i've just received a reply from STB.

"Dear Mr. Tan,

Greetings from the Singapore Tourism Board (STB), and thank you for your email.

I am sorry to inform you as we are currently looking into the redevelopment, we are unable to grant your request for photo shoot.

I hope this is helpful. Please do contact us again should you require further assistance.Thank you.

Best regards
Benjamin Loh (Mr)
Communications Division
Singapore Tourism Board
http://www.stb.gov.sg"

:(

How abt tis. Since the thread title started off wif chinese garden..maybe we can organise an outing to chinese garden first..

:think:

How abt tis. Since the thread title started off wif chinese garden..maybe we can organise an outing to chinese garden first..

:think:
Dear Mr Tan - Thanks...

Blazer_Workz - Yeah... Great idea to go Chinese Garden first, afterwich we sneak into Tang Dy City????? Count me in.

Great...and we can have famous hot spicy nice ba kut teh at the hawker centre after the shoot ;)

How about making Botanic Garden the next outing after the Chinese Garden? We can have picnic =) Then I can take protrait photo of u all...

May I propose 14th Jul 07 @ Chinese Garden? I dunno if we will be BBQ if we go in the afternoon. Anyway, see how is the majority... Maybe u can put down your preferred part of the day...

BTW, Camm, where is this ba kut teh?

14th Jul @ Chinese Garden
==========================
1. qING (prefer early morning; afternoon also can)

hmm u propose 14th jul 07 at chinese garden but u put 9th jul ?:think: so will it be 9th jul or 14th jul?

Oh thanks RedSun. Edited one date and I forgot about the other date. Should be 14 Jul, Sat. I have updated the above message. You all may want to propose new dates if most of you cannot make it on the 14th Jul.

14 Jul sounds good:)

2.Redsun

Regarding my "visit" to Tang Dynasty, the place is off limits as the entrance is boarding up. As you all know the entrance is those old chinese fortress-like structure which has two doors, one on the inside and one on the outside right? The outside entrance though boarded up has a big hole for a man to walk thru and see the insides, however the other entrance is fully boarded up.

I figured that some smart alec tried to bash his way thru by destroying the boards but stopped after the first entrance...maybe it is already fixed up by now? Like I said earlier, other than the platoon of commando mosquitoes, there are broken pieces of glass, broken porcelein statues, tapes etc etc...

To have a vague idea of how the ground looks like, check out my flickr. There is one picture of the place. Didn't pose the rest as they kinda suck as I've no time to really compose and was driven out by those mosquitoes...

The Ba Kut Teh is at the market just opposite chinese garden. 14th Jul I can't make it leh...going for tour. Anyone interested on 30th June?

30th June @ Anyplace
=================================
1) Camm (early in the morning)

2.Redsun

30th June @ Anyplace
1) Camm (early in the morning)
2.Redsun(anyday fine as long as its wkend)

2.Redsun

30th June @ Anyplace
1. Camm (early in the morning)
2. Redsun(anyday fine as long as its wkend)
3. falconite (30th June 2007 - 8.00a.m. TreeTop Trial : Venue Drive Carpark, PM me if initersted.)

2. Redsun
3. falconite (prefer morning)

It has been a rather good following on this thread and the respondants are spontaneous... lets form a GROUP shall we?? We can call ourselves Tang Shooters (whom never shoot Tang Dynasty City.. krekkrek....) or any suitable name.

If the following chemistry is good, we can consider a image depository on web for common use. Can be the only group around with guys all over Singapore and the shoot venue would have better variety?

Just my 2 cents worth. I think someone who started the this thread or has taken initiative to arrange programs above can take up the chairmanship/chairwomanship..... All in favour pls voice.

We can call ourselves Tang Shooters (whom never shoot Tang Dynasty City.. krekkrek....) or any suitable name.

If the following chemistry is good, we can consider a image depository on web for common use. Can be the only group around with guys all over Singapore and the shoot venue would have better variety?

Just my 2 cents worth. I think someone who started the this thread or has taken initiative to arrange programs above can take up the chairmanship/chairwomanship..... All in favour pls voice.

How about Tang Dynasty Shooters: Shoot or Be Shot @ ______?

The blank is the next place we are going. Eg. Tang Dynasty Shooters: Shoot or Be Shot @ Chinese Garden, 14 Jul!!!

All guys? Hmm... Sorry. I have been looking @ some of the profiles. There is at least one girl among the people in this thread. Make a guess? Not me... Anyway, not impt. Lets go and meet up for the first time =)

Hey falconite, what is TreeTop Trial? So where are u all going 30 Jul? If morning, I should be ok if it is not too early... Depends on the location.

And tkbonz, thanks for your reply!

BTW, I went Vivocity today. On the top level, that is a place for photo shooting. A lot of pple were shooting today. People were looking weirdly at me when I was shooting a wall. Actually, I was shooting the reflections on the wall. Haha. Show u all next time.

BTW, all newbies are welcome. It seems that 1000++ people view the thread and I am the only newbie around... Use point and shoot camera also can (I am also using one too =))

Status
Not open for further replies.