Photography @ Chinese Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

qING

Jan 3, 2006
Hi

I am a newbie, who just bought his camera (Canon A570 IS; no money to buy DSLR @ the moment). I am interested in doing protrait photography. Maybe more of posing people (think it is easier to take candid then asking people to pose naturally). I want to do some practise that I saw on books.

I think Chinese Garden is a good place. Anyone interested in protrait photography? We can be "models" for one another cos it will require $$$ to get someone just to pose. Maybe a small group of guys and gals will be good (5-8). Lets see the responses first.

Dunno if I will get any response cos I got 0 replies from my school email forum.
If you are interested and dun mind going with newbie, do leave a msg. Thanks.

Hmm... uniquely singapore.... To be truthful, I like the idea of taking pics in CHinese Garden but would not think much of posing for others (creepy). Its like a hobby hazzard... someone who sells fish , do not like to eat fish and someone that photographs do not wish to be photographed..?? Haaaa

Hey falconite

Thanks for your feedback. Haha... OK. Sounds true (the part of being "models" for each other). Anyway, Chinese Garden can also be great for some scenery photo taking.

I dun want to let my new camera "rot" and collect dust. OK. Forget about protrait photgraphy. Anyway, anyone wants to take photos? Venue can be changed. Suggestions are welcome.

Its sort of holidays for me @ the moment (doing my Final Year Project). I am currently a mid-20s student =)

Anyone?

I've been to chinese garden before but i dun mind going again.Or how bout the Tang city issit??The 1 at Taman jurong?whats its name?Issit still open?

You go Chinese Garden to take potrait? Why not take landscape? Good view over there. P&S can give a beautiful picture if your composition is correct. Give it a try...no harm.

I've been to chinese garden before but i dun mind going again.Or how bout the Tang city issit??The 1 at Taman jurong?whats its name?Issit still open?
I think that place had been closed for a long time now. If you can sneak into Tang City.. count me in... die die want to shoot a run-down, ill-maintained ancient chinese town.

You all mean the Tang Dynasty City?

Thats interesting. I have done a Goggle search. Does not help much.
I am trying the ASK (http://dl.nlb.gov.sg/ask/singapore/). See if they can check if it is open for photography.

Think will not get a reply so fast. Please check back here to know if we can go into Tang Dynasty City. Please come back for a few days. Thanks.

Meanwhile, any other suggestions for photography? (in case Tang Dynasty City is out) =)

You all mean the Tang Dynasty City?

Thats interesting. I have done a Goggle search. Does not help much.
I am trying the ASK (http://dl.nlb.gov.sg/ask/singapore/). See if they can check if it is open for photography.

Think will not get a reply so fast. Please check back here to know if we can go into Tang Dynasty City. Please come back for a few days. Thanks.

Meanwhile, any other suggestions for photography? (in case Tang Dynasty City is out) =)
Cool!!!!! Thanks for checking. I will KIV this thread! Should i sunddenly disappear... msg me!!!

I recently happpened to be at a food court near Tang Dynasty for dinner and later dropped by there to see if there's anything to shoot. It is rather run down, the entrance is boarded up and there are smashed glass, broken statues at the entrance etc etc...

If there can be photographed with permission, it would be great cause it is REALLY run down. One thing though, must bring mosquito repellent, there are puddles of water there which is untouched and is a breeding ground for mosquitoes. I was there only for 10 mins and i kena 5+ bites liao...

If going pls chio me too, pm me!!!! THanks!

u mean.. can go in to the tang city ? hahahaa.. =p

i tot tang city close down la.. hahhaa ;)

Portraiture at both places sounds interesting....Really no one keen ah....

Count me in if it's still on, but i can only make it on Saturday.

Hmmm, Chinese Garden and Tang City? Interesting..never shoot there b4, would like to give it a try..free on weekends onli..;)

lol seems like everyone keen on shooting at Tang Dynasty city.Hope we can go in and shoot;)

Yea Tang CIty! ;)

i am free on sun + weeksday ..

i've passsed by it a few times and i am interested to go in as well.
Ive been thinking how to sneak in.
lolx
Maybe can climb over the short wall

can sneak in hahaha lololololol so adventure hahahaa :bsmilie:

qING : Now seems like you have a great following to Tang Dynasty City... more than a wish come thru (you can now shoot photographers sneaking in)....

Hey, trespassers will be shot at. haaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.