Photography Brightened/Ruined my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itchy

Aug 19, 2004
Katong
It's been a bright road ahead so far for me. I am lucky in that my girlfriend was in the photography club as a film user) before I took up this hobby. She is also cute and pretty which makes it easy for me to look for model for portrait shots. Of late we have taken alot more photos and enjoy the pictures as much as I do taking them. :D

I've heard of horror stories though about relationships ending on a bad note because of neglect for the other half, spending excessive amounts on equipment and (ok i haven't heard of this one yet but I think it might happen) running off with the opposite sex with same passion for photography. :dunno:

Care to share about what's the road been like for you and any tips for those out there obsessively hooked on this expensive hobby? :lovegrin:

itchy said:
It's been a bright road ahead so far for me. I am lucky in that my girlfriend was in the photography club as a film user) before I took up this hobby. She is also cute and pretty which makes it easy for me to look for model for portrait shots. Of late we have taken alot more photos and enjoy the pictures as much as I do taking them. :D

I've heard of horror stories though about relationships ending on a bad note because of neglect for the other half, spending excessive amounts on equipment and (ok i haven't heard of this one yet but I think it might happen) running off with the opposite sex with same passion for photography. :dunno:

Care to share about what's the road been like for you and any tips for those out there obsessively hooked on this expensive hobby? :lovegrin:
Why worry so much. Just go out and enjoy life with your GF and enjoy life shooting. What happens down the road, is something you have little control over with.

Actually, to be frank, the likelihood that you will breakup with your current GF sometime in the next couple of years, is so hight that no bookie will take the bet.

So, just chill, don't worry about your potential expansive hobby, and enjoy.

Actually, on the other hand, why don't you just go worry about everything, your potentially expansive hobby included, her potentially expansive hobbies included. And starty worrying about your GF, she is cute and pretty right? Let's throw in all the other guys who are interested in your GF and has the guts to BARGE right in, and be miserable. Wonder what else can you worry about, I want to help you to become more miserable.

itchy said:

if u think ur photography is too expensive... wait till u 2 get married (when u reach dat stage)... maintaining a wife and home is heck lot more expensive! :bsmilie:

*in case i get burnt at the stake by the serious minded CSers, male or female, the above comments is a JOKE!*

Hahahaha no lah I am not worrying. Just asking people to share experience mah. We share photos and tips but share experience also nice. Unfortunately for other guys, I am tall, dark and handsome. No lah kidding. hahaha. I am too optimistic. BTW Deadpoet were you from ACS(I)?

Sell ur wife. Buy more equipment after that.

*espn runs

nightwolf75 said:
if u think ur photography is too expensive... wait till u 2 get married (when u reach dat stage)... maintaining a wife and home is heck lot more expensive! :bsmilie:

*in case i get burnt at the stake by the serious minded CSers, male or female, the above comments is a JOKE!*

Wah..... siao liao lah... those hooded men gonna come after you and make you into a huge kebab and burn you at the stake liao lah..... :bsmilie:

I've tried to give up photography a few times, but always came back to it. There's just something about it. I've never gone back with a girl after a relationship has ended though.....

Cheers,

Adiemus said:
Wah..... siao liao lah... those hooded men gonna come after you and make you into a huge kebab and burn you at the stake liao lah..... :bsmilie:

u laugh... dun u know there are very serious minded people here who dun get a joke? ;p

anyway, its good to have ur partner who shares the same interest as u. take my wife - everytime i whip out my camera to shoot her, she runs. :(

nightwolf75 said:
u laugh... dun u know there are very serious minded people here who dun get a joke? ;p

anyway, its good to have ur partner who shares the same interest as u. take my wife - everytime i whip out my camera to shoot her, she runs. :(
My wife every time see me editing model photos, ask me when I will take her portfolio photos, I run...

nightwolf75 said:

It is not a JOKE,

In Singapore, is YOU and YOUR WIFE, maintain a HOUSE, your CHILDREN and YOUR PARENTS and PARENTS IN-LAWS. Scary right?

That’s why so many people rather to stay single and be merry.

hmm...photography mess up my life?

my first love was IT and I was determined to go into this after grad.

but half way thru...i found a 2nd love - photography

now i do freelance in both photography and IT, but I think i must really settle with only one....either full time in IT or full time in photography.

it is better to concentrate in one, rather than dont do well for both right?

:confused: :confused:

catchlights said:
It is not a JOKE,

In Singapore, is YOU and YOUR WIFE, maintain a HOUSE, your CHILDREN and YOUR PARENTS and PARENTS IN-LAWS. Scary right?

That’s why so many people rather to stay single and be merry.

hmmm...think that is why I am still single heheheh.....plus..when I am in a relationship..photography is almost at a dead stop come to think of it. Yoiu know how I know that...I rarely have pictures of anything including anyone of my ex g/f hehe...it is like a time line...each time I have a change of camera is a restart of my hobby heheh...and the END of a relationship

I stop photography for 10 years while settling down with my LIFE. I just started again recently.

photography SAVED me from a ruined reln.

nothing else to turn to, i carried my cp5700 EVERYWHERE for 6 months. i even placed the bag next to my bed when i slept. :bsmilie:

that time recovering from serious trauma.

This one is SERIOUS... So pay attention!!!

When you are a photographic hobby couple... A-hem!.. cough cough... Sooner or later you may... probably will, decide to shoot each other... nude... or other activities... PERFECTLY OK... unless you decide to break up... Ah... problem...

If you piss her off and she show photos to your new girlfriend... YOU DIE JIA LAT JIA LAT... Even worse... maybe post on clubsnap ! ! !

Five women left me because of photography. Fortuntely or unfortunately I met them through photography which has both brightened and nearly ruined my life. :lovegrin:

So anyone knows of the next CS model shoot? :bsmilie:

jOhO said:
why? speaking from experience? :rolleyes:

No la. The net is full of photos posted by angry and :bheart: girlfriends and boyfriends.

Status
Not open for further replies.