Photography Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swatch

Oct 28, 2005
Highlander
Anyone can recommend some good photography books? Where to buy them? I went to kinokuniya,but did not see and photography books...:cry:

Try Riceball at basement of Adelphi

Swatch said:
Anyone can recommend some good photography books? Where to buy them? I went to kinokuniya,but did not see and photography books...:cry:

Who said Kinokuniya don't have photography books? If u're referring to the Taka one, it's located at the back end where u can find those books on designs.

Snoweagle said:
Who said Kinokuniya don't have photography books? If u're referring to the Taka one, it's located at the back end where u can find those books on designs.
oh ok...I'll go check it out,before going to riceball... Thanks Squid and Snoweagle!

Why not save yourself the trouble and go straight to Riceball?

cyber_m0nkey said:
Im a kinokuniya member,maybe can get discount.

You can actually become a member of Riceball for free - 1st purchase get's you 12.5% off then you get 5% until you have bought $200 of books and then you get 12.5% of from there onwards - I know this because I did it myself recently...

There's a sticky link in the Consumer corner forum...

cyber_m0nkey said:

think Riceball isn't open on Sunday, dun make a waste trip!

kinokuniya at Nee Ann City has photography books! and lot of it!

just ask the staff for the location.

:)

Books on photography are also available at Borders bookstore

Another good source would be at Basheer Bookstore, on the 4th floor at Bras Brasah. The shop caters mostly to graphic design, but have a nice section of photography books as well. They have regular clearance of books as well, so you may want to try your luck there.

If you're looking for instructional books on photography, try Riceball instead.

But for non-members, those photography books sold at Kinokuniya is way expensive! :(

Most of the photography books is expensive.

The prices are more or less the same at different places.

But Kinokuniya has 20% discount (read The Straits Times + ZaoBao) to non-members sometimes.

Navigator said:
Most of the photography books is expensive.

The prices are more or less the same at different places.

But Kinokuniya has 20% discount (read The Straits Times + ZaoBao) to non-members sometimes.

Yes, but Kino's ones are more expensive than usual.

I went down to kino today,lots of books! But don't know which one to choose! Any recommendations? All the books are so expensive!

Swatch said:
I went down to kino today,lots of books! But don't know which one to choose! Any recommendations? All the books are so expensive!

What are you interested in? Basic intro to photography? Photoshop tips? Different interests would of course means different books.

I pick up most of my introductory staff using John Shaw's "Nature Photography Field Guide", which includes alot of basic stuff, albeit with a nature photography bias.

Swatch said:

U can try those guides for a start, they're really helpful in getting started to photography.

Snoweagle said:
But for non-members, those photography books sold at Kinokuniya is way expensive! :(

I don't agree. If you were to check the prices of the titles offered in Kino with that of Amazon, the prices are actually not that different. It really all depends on what kind of book you're looking for.

Anyway, spending $100 for a series of photographic work that move you is totally worth it. Just imagine the inspiration that the one series may inspired you... priceless, I tell you.

Dear all,
I will be making a trip to the USA on business in May and will be coming back in June. I intend to buy John Shaw's Nature Photogrpahy Field Guide using Amazon, with free delivery. I will then bring in back to Singapore. Will sell to anyone at $32, a significant savings. Interested pls email me.
Aidan

Photography books are very costly in most cases and I suggest borrowing from the library instead. There's a wealth of books to be found there and they've kept me busy for the many nights that I was stuck in camp and can't book out. Only buy the one or two that you believe you'll need for referencing.

I'd prefer to save the money and use it fund my other photographic needs, whether it's transport, new gear, zoo tickets etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.