Photography Books To Recommend?

seezhijie

Nov 8, 2010
Malaysia
Hey,
any nice photography books to recommend?

I've read a stack of "Digital Photography Fundamentals" from Aperture and really liked it. In fact, my friend was literally oblivious to his surroundings when I let him read it in MacD. We were laughing like mad beside him but he didn't notice at all for the whole 1.5 hours.

Are there any books that are as good as, or better than, this article?
Slightly lower quality is okay though, since "quality" is a very flexible term.

2 simple requirements though. It must be available in stores like POPULAR, and preferably look like a book so that I can read it in my school's Silent Reading programme.

Thanks~

I haven't seen this article, but what aspect of photography are you looking at?

Thoughts on the thing? Digital camera basics?

Anything is fine. As long as it's photography, even things like offering photography services

Anything is fine. As long as it's photography, even things like offering photography services

Do a search for "photography books". There are many threads that discuss it, and usually the same 3-5 books get mentioned.

Can try looking for photo books in Kinokuniya at Ngee Ann City. I have bought numerous photography books there. The good thing is that one can slowly peruse through the books there before buying.

i guess i will. POPULAR doesn't allows that right?

Haha.. not sure about that... the only thing i buy from Popular so far is eraser... hehe

Library have few good photography books, i always borrow some photography books from there..

Haha.. not sure about that... the only thing i buy from Popular so far is eraser... hehe

haha yeah. i try to avoid it as far as possible. it's like they have a special room just to store the extra cash they got from overpricing

It's not "the problem". There's a good reason those books get recommended.

yeah i know. the problem is i keep searching and searching only to get the same few results. getting it often is a good thing, since it shows how good that particular book is. but getting it too often is another thing >.>

those books like Hotshoe Diaries, what do they talk about? experience? artistic views? techs?

Get from library. Shelves full of books on the same topics. Just pick the ones you feel comfortable for your level and save the money for gear! :devil:

Get from library. Shelves full of books on the same topics. Just pick the ones you feel comfortable for your level and save the money for gear! :devil:

Dear TS, I second this suggestion from CamInit. Personally I like Michael Freeman and Tom Ang. Think you will find books from these two both at the library as well as book stores. May be a little heavy to lug around to school though :)

i went POPULAR today but couldn't find any of the books recommended online >.>

Don't think you'll have any luck finding any good books in Popular.. Why do you insist on going there? Far as I know you're not going to get a wide range of books unless you're looking for a ten year series.

You really should try going to kino/borders especially for overseas publications. :)

Don't think you'll have any luck finding any good books in Popular.. Why do you insist on going there? Far as I know you're not going to get a wide range of books unless you're looking for a ten year series.

You really should try going to kino/borders especially for overseas publications. :)

i don't go to orchard often, and my crave for those books is killing me

i don't go to orchard often, and my crave for those books is killing me