Photography Book

Kopred

Jul 25, 2010
Hi all,
Recently seen this book by John Freeman (Page One) called 'Photography' $75.
Wondering anyone got this book, is this good for newbie to read?

Is there any better one out there? Thanks in advance for the info.

Regards

Last edited:
I learnt mostly from books by Bryan Peterson - Understanding Exposure and I believe he has a few more like on shutter speed etc.

Hi all,
Recently seen this book by John Freeman (Page One) called 'Photography' $75.
Wondering anyone got this book, is this good for newbie to read?

Is there any better one out there? Thanks in advance for the info.

Regards

I like the scott kelby bookset, its really simple for a newbie to read and maybe you can search your book in the national library catalogue, maybe you don't even have to buy it.

hmm.. i think you should borrow from the library instead.. $75 quite costly for a book..

just my humble opinion tho..

Bryan Peterson books are very good, i've read them. Library has his books too. Can consider as an alternative to buying, afterall u probably onli will read it once or twice.

Thanks everyone for the recommendation.
Will go check out those few books.

if you want a good introduction to dslr photogrpahy, you can get michael freeman's digital slr handbook from the library easily... at least 3 years ago you could.

photography doesn't just end with a book - a book can only teach a certain framework. to gain more knowledge, you have to read more books, apply.. think. :)

if you want a good introduction to dslr photogrpahy, you can get michael freeman's digital slr handbook from the library easily... at least 3 years ago you could.

photography doesn't just end with a book - a book can only teach a certain framework. to gain more knowledge, you have to read more books, apply.. think. :)

That's nice, will go down library to check it out.
Thanks!