photography at concert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaGr

Apr 2, 2002
www.sc-speedracer.com
Hi I wondering if they allow photography during concerts at indoor stadium? Although they state cannot but I remember looong time ago I used to do it.

i planning to use my 717 to test its low light capabilities

the concert website explicitly states no photography for that event though

Originally posted by JaGr
i planning to use my 717 to test its low light capabilities

the concert website explicitly states no photography for that event though
call up sistic to confirm? or hide it lor ;)

hmm 717 uses that "laser light" for low light focus rite?
scarly they thot got sniper .... :p
better not aim the laser at the person...:D

Originally posted by baiyun

scarly they thot got sniper .... :p

a sniper will be quite stupid if he use laser, it will gives away his position

btw, since u are shooting from far, i think u can use infinite focus and off the laser focal assist

Originally posted by JaGr
Hi I wondering if they allow photography during concerts at indoor stadium? Although they state cannot but I remember looong time ago I used to do it.
nope, photography not allowed, except for authorised photogrs, who are usually only allowed to snap without flash for the first performance item or first 3 songs, and it's only restricted to the front cordoned-off portion of the floor.

i also don't think it's restricted to indoor stadium too. the other locations should have similar rules. having said that, it's near impossible to stop concert-goers from sneaking in their cams (given the size of the cams nowsadays), and snapping off a few shots, thus you can still see flashes going off in the crowd. although at that distance i don't see how flash units are gonna help...

my 2 cents... :D

that's reminds me of one of the concert i attended at indoor stadium

although there are many "no photography" warning signs and body search before all audiences are allowed to enter the stadium, but there are still dozens of us who manage to smuggle cameras in. however, once the flash goes off, those security guards armed with walkie talkie will try to locate the camera and ask the person to go outside and the camera will be confiscated.

i dun see how the build in flash will help in such situation..but it is quite disturbing to see flash fires off and security guards running around trying to catch these pple

I actually also smuggled a camera in, using high ISO film and long shutter speed WITHOUT flash, manage to get a couple of shots undetected

so if u want to take photo....try to be more tactical lor...

hee...that's what i do too...off the flash...
and make sure u dun sit at some convenient place where the guards can ask u to go out....;)

Originally posted by Wai
that's reminds me of one of the concert i attended at indoor stadium

although there are many "no photography" warning signs and body search before all audiences are allowed to enter the stadium, but there are still dozens of us who manage to smuggle cameras in. however, once the flash goes off, those security guards armed with walkie talkie will try to locate the camera and ask the person to go outside and the camera will be confiscated.

i dun see how the build in flash will help in such situation..but it is quite disturbing to see flash fires off and security guards running around trying to catch these pple

I actually also smuggled a camera in, using high ISO film and long shutter speed WITHOUT flash, manage to get a couple of shots undetected

so if u want to take photo....try to be more tactical lor...

they actually do body search? :eek:

and the confiscate? that means wat? take away and chase you out and you lose your camera? :eek:

But signs saying no photography dosen't mean no cameras rite?

isn't it the same as the esplande where ppl walk around with a camera around their neck.... but not shooting the security there also won't do anything ....

Originally posted by SianZronG

isn't it the same as the esplande where ppl walk around with a camera around their neck.... but not shooting the security there also won't do anything ....
that's pure semantics my fren... e.g. if MRT sign says no food and drinks, i don't think the control station folks will allow you to bring a piping hot open plate of hor fun in rite, regardless of how much you protest you won't take a single bite...

similarly for cinemas, they do reserve the right to stop anyone from bringing in 'outside' food and drinks. so if you're carrying a big bag of Mac's, the attendant is sure to stop you, even if you say you're bringing it home for consumption... :D

Originally posted by SianZronG

they actually do body search? :eek:

and the confiscate? that means wat? take away and chase you out and you lose your camera? :eek:

yes..and your bags also have to be searched for camera

if found, they will ask u to leave them outside on the table, after which then the guards allow u to go in, then after the concert u can claim it back

for those who caught taking photo during the concert, i am not sure if they still can get back the camera/film

btw, the concert was jackie cheung's Snow.Wolf.Lake

Originally posted by Wai

yes..and your bags also have to be searched for camera

So how do you smuggle yr camera in if using an SLR or pretty bulky digicam? Once they search yr bag, sure to see it. How to hide?

which is the reason i buy a small digicam canon A40, can put in ur pocket and sneak in.........but must sit in front then got use lah...

Originally posted by baiyun
which is the reason i buy a small digicam canon A40, can put in ur pocket and sneak in.........but must sit in front then got use lah...

Nokia 7650 also can do the same...and even more discreetly

they can't take your camera and not return them rite... just imagine 1k+ gone... it's like robbing ppl.... and you even pay to enter... :bsmilie:

well....i assume u wldn't feel too safe with leaving your >$1K+ equipment on the table with the guards rite?
they wldn't recognize the owner, anyone can just walk up and take it away??? i dunno..so far me haven't got confiscated yet...
hopefully not ever....
;) :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.