photographs printed on ceramic plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemvarsha

Aug 17, 2004
Hi,

during my trip to Thailand, while we were getting on the boat,to visit phi-phi islands in phuket., we were photographed by some thai photographers, (he had non-digital camera,not sure?? a film camera SLR pentex K-1000),

after 2 hours when the boat was back, we were greeted by same man,with our photos printed on white ceramic plate, how is this being done??

thank you
Hemvarsha

hemvarsha said:
Hi,

during my trip to Thailand, while we were getting on the boat,to visit phi-phi islands in phuket., we were photographed by some thai photographers, (he had non-digital camera,not sure?? a film camera SLR pentex K-1000),

after 2 hours when the boat was back, we were greeted by same man,with our photos printed on white ceramic plate, how is this being done??

thank you
Hemvarsha

2 hours, hmm how long it take to develop a roll of film?

then solid leh, they print on it already, then u dun wan, can be erased?

are you sure he is not just cut a photo paste on plate, and lacquer it?

anyway, for negative, the turnover time from film to print is only 25mins

hemvarsha said:
Hi,

thank you
Hemvarsha

The photo are hidden below a transparent layer of the plate. I purchase one too at home.:sweatsm:

valkyrie said:
The photo are hidden below a transparent layer of the plate. I purchase one too at home.:sweatsm:
interesting but how come the photo doesn't melt under the solvent of the coating? what kind of coating u know?

i have heard of transfers using solvents to dissolve it and transfer to other surfaces before..

probably not some heat application coat. The other very cool way to do it and really cut it in is to get a lazer printer, Not the HP type, the real lazer printer that shoots lazer and cuts and burn wood metal plastic and ceremic. Cost about $7000.

They should be using some process which is pretty cost effective and pretty simple with the time span they're working with...they usually sell it for like 100-200 Baht (SG$ 4-8)? I got one after a trip at Kanchanaburi...

yes,i agree with you, as appeareance of the photgraphers,looked as though they were not into big investment type in photo gadgets.

also i am sure, the do have some solvent eraser, as very few people paid 150-200 B may be
2 or 3 out of the whole group of 50 +

as the unsold photo-plates,am sure,they do not throw it, the photo is erased & plate again brought back to circulation,

Status
Not open for further replies.