Photographing your wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolrence

Oct 15, 2006
I saw a thread about this in another forum, and I thought it would be a funny and good sharing session ;p

Ok I'm not married, but I've heard of similar experiences (you husbands all know what :bsmilie:) from my mum... ;p

So how do you guys go about (or try your best), or avoid taking photos of your wife? ;p
Any interesting experiences to share?

P.S. Girlfriends excluded, cause they are in a different level altogether :thumbsup:

i don't know about the rest, but i take lots of pictures of my wife and daughter
it is they who try to avoid me

Not sure about wives, but my family members will avoid when they see me snapping pictures of them (unless it's like those posing session at touristy places). Hehe, so just take candids la, like when you do street photography

at the moment they will look away or hide when i point my lens at them
but will appreciate when they look at the memories

Kudos to your wife and daughter for being so open... haha.
I know lots of women tend to nitpick themselves in the photos after viewing themselves in it ;)

So do they tell you to delete off 90% of the photos you took of them? :bsmilie:

oh..i dun avoid, my wife is my best model.. ;)

I know lots of women tend to nitpick themselves in the photos after viewing themselves in it ;)

just stack two Nikon Soft2 filters together you will be fine.

at the moment they will look away or hide when i point my lens at them
but will appreciate when they look at the memories

same here.
my wife and (baby) daughter won't cooperate when I try to take their pictures.
Anyway, my wife alone could make a photographer cough blood. It happened to our pre-wedding photographer.

For a baby, the passer-bys gets her attention. Using a digicam increases the chance of success because she cannot see be behind the DSLR. However, when she was a new born, she was interested in the big lens pointing at her but this interest has diminished.

For my wife, she's busy to make sure our daughter looks at the camera and end up not looking at the camera herself.

We agreed to take the photo as long as my wife looks at the camera. :)

asians are just camera shy. :bsmilie:

It depends on the individual.

One of my friend's wife (asian) loves to take picture. Dragged me and her husband for photoshoot when I got my DSLR. She'd come up with all sort of poses and find props during the shoot.

In contrary, when I shoot my wife, the frustration I experience every time left me with the idea that I'd rather pay someone for a photoshoot despite the photo carries no memory. e.g. she'd ask me to setup first (frame the picture) then she stand in front of the camera with a very sianz look.

Last Sat went to shoot Orchard Xmas lighting. Half way we already agree she looks after daughter and I shoot the lights only. :dunno:

fortunately for me, no
i keep 100%, we can laugh about the pictures when we look back

same here.
my wife and (baby) daughter won't cooperate when I try to take their pictures.
Anyway, my wife alone could make a photographer cough blood. It happened to our pre-wedding photographer.

For a baby, the passer-bys gets her attention. Using a digicam increases the chance of success because she cannot see be behind the DSLR. However, when she was a new born, she was interested in the big lens pointing at her but this interest has diminished.

For my wife, she's busy to make sure our daughter looks at the camera and end up not looking at the camera herself.

We agreed to take the photo as long as my wife looks at the camera. :)

It means you have to get a bigger lens... 85L or 50 1.0 :bsmilie:

LOL why are girlfriends on a different level?

Wife's are (supposingly) forever, GFs are not :bsmilie:

Forever = not happy, will remember forever :sticktong

LOL why are girlfriends on a different level?

Girlfriends don't have:

a) The ring(s) of domination

b) Joint name credit card (very big method of revenge for taking pics without wifey approval)

c) Nagging power

d) Scathing comment ability like a wife (otherwise g/f traded in for newer model with lower km on mouth).

;p

Wife's are (supposingly) forever, GFs are not :bsmilie:

Forever = not happy, will remember forever :sticktong

hahahahah some gfs become wives in the end :bsmilie:

Girlfriends don't have:

a) The ring(s) of domination

b) Joint name credit card (very big method of revenge for taking pics without wifey approval)

c) Nagging power

d) Scathing comment ability like a wife (otherwise g/f traded in for newer model with lower km on mouth).

;p

rofl :bsmilie:

hahahahah some gfs become wives in the end :bsmilie::

Yep they sure do, and it's been the downfall of many a couple. It's a trap and this here little black duck would rather not stick his head in to the unholy matrimoney trap. I hear the marriage noose is a tight fit and a wallet busting nightmare :devil:

rofl :bsmilie:

Wonders if you know the difference between love, wives, girlfriends and herpes?
Herpes lasts forever :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.