Photographing water in motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent

Dec 23, 2004
Any tips/links that provide info on how to shoot waterfalls nicely to create the silky effect?

and how to u get from
1134166587_fig15.jpg

to

1134167421_image.jpeg
?

some kind of filter involved is it?

thanks in advance

u need to use a slow shutter speed on a tripod, if got ND filter better...

as for the 2nd one...seems to be photoshop

Used a neutral density filter . Neutral density filters block light from entering the camera without altering the color or tone of the light. They make the scene darker, allowing a longer shutter speed.

i read that circular polarisers may be better coz it reduces reflection/glare and at the same time reduces light entering too?

so are circular polarisers better than ND filters?

kenele said:
Used a neutral density filter . Neutral density filters block light from entering the camera without altering the color or tone of the light. They make the scene darker, allowing a longer shutter speed.
Not 'block' lah. If to block light you can try lens cap ;p .

ND filter is reducing amount of light entering the camera (via lens).

It is true that ND filter will not altering the colour. While a Polarizer tends to cool down the image. Neutral Density will render "neutral" colors, while the polarizer saturates colors.

Regards,
Arto.

approx how much do circular polarisers and ND filters cost for say a 52mm?

ND definitely costs less than a CPL. ;p

Think about what exactly you need before you buy yeah? (although one can never have enough filters. :bsmilie: ) alternatively you can make do with just stopping down.

With the advent of digital and photoshop etc... does anybody still use grad ND nowadays? (OT abit: i've been trying very hard to find a shop that holds stock for grad ND, anybody can recommend?)

a 55mm CPL cost me $38 and a ND4 of the same size cost me around $18 :sweatsm:

anyway the 2nd photo confirm is photoshop unless the first one is a fake. anyway i don find the need to polarise to reduce reflection since the water wil become so sliky that no reflection could be seen. but that only applies to water, polariser still help to reduce reflection from other part of the scene

Status
Not open for further replies.