Photographing w/o post-processing

Do you post-process your photos?

Results are only viewable after voting.

PP is part of the photographic process and it can be itself a craft. Look at ansel adams, HCB (he had a master printer).

Of course working in camera has benefits becuase you can better results such as tone and color. Lanscapist can understand this given some can sit and wait from morning to dusk for a scene to change to fit their photographic vision.

But given some kinds of photography this might not be possible. "street" photography light can be harsh and your subject might only be there during harsh light but if you want the best contrast you need PP but given the lack of dynamic range the need to decide what to save and what to give up becomes a skill.

But this is on the assumption that the composition is good. making beautiful pictures and interesting pictures are two matters but masters does both.

Note: leica has a name for making wonderful glass and I agree.

this thread is still alive? o.o

I process all my photos.

It's just icing on the cake. That's all I can say.

Edit: Ooops didn't realise this is old thread.

Last edited:
"To post-processed, or not post-processed, that is the question:"

the fundamental question to the whole thread is whether people think that doing pp meant the photographer is not good enough.

Personally I do not think so, a photographer is an artist and how the person wish to express his works depends entirely on the person. He can choose to pp or not to pp. But doing pp does not make the person a lesser photographer.

The really skill of the photographer comes in the creative idea and composition and not so much whether the person is able to shoot with/without pp.

sometimes u need just some small pp. for example, if i want to increase the saturation so the skin look warmer... i need to pp right? even if u can do it in-camera it is only limiting yourself.. what if u don't like the saturation, then how?

I use pp to crop the edges of the image so that the cropped image looks like the original.

For me, it depend on which format i'm using. If it's JPEG, i don't do PP. If it's RAW, i do some basic PP such as levels, sharpening and white balance for example.