photographing riots in bangkok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all wise and considering you are a Singaporean... u might be the one getting lynched. Don't forget the whole Thaksin saga started from Singapore.....

if its ur job then go ahead.

if its not n u just wanna get famous, i am sure u will. on the front page of ST and at the last section. :D

stay out of politics, local or foreign. being physically there is risk itself.

2moro last day liao ,sama will resign .

Take all precaution, and try not to end up in a fracas. But it's your own decision, and for you to decide.

If you think it's worth the risk, then go ahead. Thai protests against the PPP are considered tame, relative to others like the anti-globalisation protests in recent times.

Go for it.

If nothing happens to you, at least you'll get shots that few other S'poreans would have. If something happens to you, then at least we'll get an interesting story to read on TNP.

Either way, it's win-win.

dun think your insurance will cover since u wrote it here... so dun bother buying a travel insurance if you're going...

a moment of trigger happy, might result in a lifetime of regret...

Go for it.

If nothing happens to you, at least you'll get shots that few other S'poreans would have. If something happens to you, then at least we'll get an interesting story to read on TNP.

Either way, it's win-win.

:bsmilie:

If u go, tell me, i take pics and interview u, if anythings happen, i can post here and in papers.

But u decide, as i think u dun have nine lives.

hey what do you think?
wise?

anyone else thinking of going?

get the lx3 and shoot in video mode...hang/position the camera on yr chest..leaving yr hand free
dslr attract too much attention

wads the point? :dunno:

Have shots nobody else in Sg has, then can post to "Reportage and Sports" section of CS, very cool. Hit count sure very high one.

But BKK not enough kick, lah. Why not try Iraq or Pakistan/Afghanistan border? :thumbsup:
To paraphrase Hamsum's (the character on Channel 5's 'Calefare') father: Just go for it. What's the worst that could happen? At most you die only.

Last edited:
Have shots nobody else in Sg has, then can post to "Reportage and Sports" section of CS, very cool. Hit count sure very high one.

But BKK not enough kick, lah. Why not try Iraq or Pakistan/Afghanistan border? :thumbsup:

why not try somalia/sudan/any warring nation in the world? while i understand why the TS wants to shoot the riots (i hope he's going for the reasons i assumed), think of your family if anything were to happen to you. not that you're gonna get lynched there BECAUSE you're singaporean, but what if someone just doesn't like you taking pictures of them there, or you get caught up in a riot, etc.

just my 2 cents :)

saw some of the riots photos in another forum
is a friendly kind of thing , cos the TS actually manage to pose with rioters

but make sure u don wore a Tshirt with thaksin face on it

Status
Not open for further replies.