Photographic Trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allen

Looking for Khakis to go on a photographic trip to capture the border town between M'sia and Thailand.

Sg. Golok is a simple, sleepy town just after Rauta Panjang (Kota Bahru) border. Life there is bliss, and between late August to November, the river will be flooded _but_ life goes on in a different way. Was there once, in late 1997, stayed for 4 days.

Strictly no females. Travel light and can drive well. Am thinking of going in two SUVs, 3 to each.

Budget per pax should not exceed $500.

PM me if interested.

Originally posted by Allen
Looking for Khakis to go on a photographic trip to capture the border town between M'sia and Thailand.

Sg. Golok is a simple, sleepy town just after Rauta Panjang (Kota Bahru) border. Life there is bliss, and between late August to November, the river will be flooded _but_ life goes on in a different way. Was there once, in late 1997, stayed for 4 days.

Strictly no females. Travel light and can drive well. Am thinking of going in two SUVs, 3 to each.

Budget per pax should not exceed $500.

PM me if interested.

Ouii, when u wanna go? next week ? ONZ!!!

Hi.. I am looking for kakis ot do photo trips..

Pls lemme know your plans.
Days not free..
28-29 June
5-6 July

Other weekends or days in between, pls leemme know

Allen, when when??? i can go... can travel light (my luggage is lighter than my photog gear), can drive (my record is 24 hours straight) and can talk cok sing song for entertainment also. :D

but must see when lah... ;)

Ok here's the plan (won't be driving anymore)...

We'll take the first flight to Kota Bahru from KL (alternatively, from Johore to KL) and from there grab a cab (old Datsun 120Y style) and head towards Rauta Panjang (2 hr journey). Should read there by 2.45pm.

We can then trek towards the border crossing (1 km, its flood prone so were Teva trekking sandles, bermudas and have your backpack HIGH UP above waist level) and spend a few hours there to see if we can capture some "river life" with sunset backdrop.

Towards the night, we cross the border (before 8pm) in Sg. Golok (Nirathiwat State, Thailand) and check in to a 3-star hotel, perhaps rent a motorcycle (or hitch a ride on one for RM2) and then walk down Cheap Food Street.

Later in the night, we may just relax at the lounge area of the hotel to enjoy some very wild and nude show (choice between drag and real females), strictly no photography.

Early in the morning, somewhere at 3.15am, we'll then hire a cab and have him drive us towards the direction of Hadyaii via Costal road, we'll stop somewhere in between (kampung) and there we can capture rural life. We'll then negotiate with a villager to allow us to stay over 1 night.

The next morning, we'll then take a public bus (if you're adventerous, you'll like it. I had a unique experience once, a gunman with SMG stopped the bus half-way and stormed the bus, and pulled two illegal aliens off) and head towards Hadyaii, we'll spend 1 night there, probably sampling birds nest and go for authentic nuat-thai massage.

Next morning, take a flight out to BKK and from there, make way to Hua Lum Pong train station and board a train heading either towards Vientien (Friendship Bridge) or Kanchanaburi (River Kwai), spend about a day there capturing some landscape and return to BKK next morning and catch the 430 or 645 flight back to SG.

Thats MY plan, any input or suggestions appreciate. Please do not invite female partner on this trip and strictly no female photographers too.

Tentative departure date is end Aug 03. (Flood wont start until mid Aug)

Please do not invite female partner on this trip and strictly no female photographers too.

I know its your prerogative. Just curious - why? Not that I am interested ...

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
Maybe because of this?

Later in the night, we may just relax at the lounge area of the hotel to enjoy some very wild and nude show (choice between drag and real females), strictly no photography.

Guess it won't matter if the females are open-minded enough, but on the other hand, the guys probably be feeling uneasy ...

Originally posted by Darren
Maybe because of this?

Guess it won't matter if the females are open-minded enough, but on the other hand, the guys probably be feeling uneasy ...

yeah i missed that. I think it'd be more of the latter :wink:

Ok just to clarify. I do not encourage female photographers for 2 reaons:

1) In case if there is twin sharing and end up the girl alone is not nice. Or if a guy and girl share room and something happen is not nice.

2) The trip maybe a little dangerous in terms of personal safety for girls (in the rural areas, you may come across gunman, maybe for guys they kena rob, but for girls kena rape.... If rob, money can earn back but if kena rape... i dunno how to say)

So I hope all females understand the nature and do not think of this as a sexist movement, its strictly not.

Can arrange. Male lap dancers, if you keen. I'm serious.

Originally posted by hongsien
Allen: any male dancers there?

Hong Sien

Tentative departure date is end Aug 03. (Flood wont start until mid Aug)
eh, doesn't that mean we'll be caught in the floods?

anyway, i'm interested... keep me in the loop yah? i think Simon also keen. you know how to reach me... ;)

1) In case if there is twin sharing and end up the girl alone is not nice. Or if a guy and girl share room and something happen is not nice.

2) The trip maybe a little dangerous in terms of personal safety for girls (in the rural areas, you may come across gunman, maybe for guys they kena rob, but for girls kena rape.... If rob, money can earn back but if kena rape... i dunno how to say)

So I hope all females understand the nature and do not think of this as a sexist movement, its strictly not.

Originally posted by Larry
eh, doesn't that mean we'll be caught in the floods?

anyway, i'm interested... keep me in the loop yah? i think Simon also keen. you know how to reach me... ;)

The idea is to capture transformation of life by the river bank during the flooding season!!!!

Thats why I mentioned, Teva Trekking Sandles, 35L Eagle Creek back pack on top of ur shoulders.

No worries, there are enough pple who want to go. We have some time and we can adjust the itenary so that it suits the budget.

Yeah, I know where you live, where you work and how to get you. Hhehehe...

cheers mate!

Originally posted by Simon
Ouii, when u wanna go? next week ? ONZ!!!

Eh, change itenary liao... u keen still?? But dont drive lah, damm siong PLUS if hit flood I don't know if the vehicle can make it.

U got input???

Ok just to clarify. I do not encourage female photographers for 2 reaons:

Oh I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Didn't realise it was that dangerous. You did make a very valid point.

Oh I see. Thanks for the clarification.
Didn't realise it was that dangerous. You did make a very valid point.

I can't say if my points were valid or not.

Couple of years back when I was there, the talk of the town was three girls (one Korean and two Ang Mohs) were brutally raped and one of the girls had her fingers severed for resisting and the other girls suffered from internal bleeding.

As for guys, I guess they stand a lesser chance of being raped and to me, money can earn back even if lost/robbed.

But no amount of money can buy spare parts for the human body and worst still, the memory of being raped (applicable for most normal females brought up in Singapore) is life long and no amount of money spent on therapy can erase that.

So I hope all females reading this understand and don't take this as a "Male Chauvanist" movement, it is entirely NOT.

guys can get raped too.. I have read reports of male backpacker travellers meeting such unfortunate circumstances. guess we all have to be careful while travelling.

Originally posted by chaotic
guys can get raped too.. I have read reports of male backpacker travellers meeting such unfortunate circumstances. guess we all have to be careful while travelling.

Yeah most guys get rape cannot take it kill themselves.

Studies have shown that women who were rape would be able to lead a normal life whereas most men who were raped cannot take it and kill themselve. At least women are stronger than men in that sense, women can take more pain than men can.

Aiyah but if guy really get rape then considered SWAY lor... rear bird also become chicken,.

Ok someone suggest DRIVING the park somewhere near the flood and walk to the floor zone?!?!?! Good suggestion but later HOW to drive pass the flood zone?!?!?

Hmm.. i have a 1 hr video on the flood taken in 1997. i did a film documentary of the place then.

Ok now air ticket is $19.90 rite? U saw papers y'day?

Status
Not open for further replies.