Photographic resume

A portfolio consisting about 12~15 shots ( the very best ) and say...these are my works.

You're now a serious hobbyist. What would you put in a professional resume for a photographic job?

if you are a serious hobbyist looking for a photographic job,

then you can't really be all that serious about your hobby, right? :bsmilie:

You're now a serious hobbyist. What would you put in a professional resume for a photographic job?

[1] Any photographic qualifications you have.
[2] Any professional organisations you are a member of.
[3] Any professional experience you have.
[4] Any professional jobs you've done in the past.
[5] Major clients and references.
[6] Any other particularly pertinent information that you would normally enclose in a CV.

Your portfolio is important obviously and you need to tailor it to the job, but if you are specifically referring to a resume then I wouldn't put images in unless they've specifically asked for it.

As a hobbyist, the utmost is...

* Active member of photographic society or association.
* Senior member of clubsnap community also can.
* Position hold in the clubs, committee member, course instructor, treasurer, vice chairman etc.
* Associateship or better Fellowship of some globally recognized photo-society.
* Whatever awards won in competition, something like Top photographer of the World would be good.
* Recipient of Republic of Singapore's cultural medallion would be best.

Surely would get a chance for an interview.

As a hobbyist, the utmost is...

* Active member of photographic society or association.
* Senior member of clubsnap community also can.
* Position hold in the clubs, committee member, course instructor, treasurer, vice chairman etc.
* Associateship or better Fellowship of some globally recognized photo-society.
* Whatever awards won in competition, something like Top photographer of the World would be good.
* Recipient of Republic of Singapore's cultural medallion would be best.

Surely would get a chance for an interview.

That's remarkably different from your first answer ;)

you need a CV photo like mine

11837_180715237675_612287675_3353395_3435894_n.jpg

:bsmilie:

you need a CV photo like mine

11837_180715237675_612287675_3353395_3435894_n.jpg

Shirt not ironed.

No build in grip on camera.

No big lens and pink lens hood somemore!!!

IMAGE IMAGE IMAGE!!! :angry:

YOU'RE FIRED!

Last edited:
Shirt not ironed.

No build in grip on camera.

No big lens and pink lens hood somemore!!!

IMAGE IMAGE IMAGE!!! :angry:

YOU'RE FIRED!

tie is not done properly :bsmilie:

Hi Jed,

I provided the first answer / suggestion, coz that' what I'd done exactly. Have got nothing academically to show but only a handful of my ( considerably ) best shot. As a matter of fact, I got hired is strictly base on my portfolio, nobody asked about my qualification.

My notion is, photographers is like a chef / cook. Whatever recipe you show to others will not matter until they sample / taste what you'd cooked.
A common practice among restaurant when hiring chef / cook.
Similar for cabinetary factory looking for skilled carpenter.
The test will be... go make a hidden mortise n tenon joint or a half dovetail joint and show me.

A serious hobbyist but a professional resume ...I'll take it as certificates, awards, trophy, medals, achievements gathered during the time of which he is persuing his hobby. But now decided to make a living out of photography.

Any further valued points, you're welcomed to add / advised / correct and contribute.

I provided the first answer / suggestion, coz that' what I'd done exactly. Have got nothing academically to show but only a handful of my ( considerably ) best shot. As a matter of fact, I got hired is strictly base on my portfolio, nobody asked about my qualification.

Absolutely and totally possible :) Not disagreeing in the slightest, it's just he asked for stuff to put in a photographic resume ^.^